Author Topic: Roofers?  (Read 2465 times)

bmwr75

Roofers?
« on: April 11, 2011, 08:11:12 PM »
I know this is not audio, but I need some recommendations on good roofers that charge a fair price.

My roof was damaged in the tornado a few weeks ago.

Just got the first estimate and it came in at $422/ square.  A square = 100 ft2.

My dad just had exactly the same work done and same type of shingles for ~$140/square.  He lives in north Mississippi.  Don't think labor in PA is really 5 times as high!!!

Bunni

Re: Roofers?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 10:12:09 PM »
It costs a little but I totally recommend going to Angie's List, Google it.  We had a great roofer, he did charge a lot but then we had a lot done.  Unfortunately he has passed away now.  If I had to do it all over again, I'd have checked people out on Angies List.  It took longer for us to find a roofer than it did to get the job done!  They've been warning that there are some unscrupulous contractors running around trying to make a buck on the Tornado damage s be careful.  If they come to you without you calling, rule of thumb is to stay away.  Hope this helps and glad you're ok!

Bunni

Offline F1nut

• Ball Buster
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 01:49:14 AM »
Insurance companies often have a list of approved vendors, check with yours.
  'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Offline Bill Cain

• FNG !!!
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 02:38:58 AM »
Went with Angies List a couple years ago. 
Came up with Frannie Bott, from Bridgeville. 
Straight shooter with good prices.

Bill Cain

NATOE

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 11:09:04 AM »
PAFF CONTRACTORS 412-766-1827. The owner is a very good friend of mine. He is set up just for the weather that came threw to handle the influx of work.                 http://www.paffcontractors.com/