Author Topic: QU EST IOn  (Read 2917 times)

Offline OconeeOrange

• Double Secret Probation!
  • South Carolina RedNeck
    • YardCrap
QU EST IOn
« on: October 31, 2011, 10:05:55 PM »

All message boards/forums tend to develop in to a place where a few group up, rule the roost and slam others who might question or see life differently.  As opposed to healthy debate, the forum 'safety net' is thrown over the 'asshole' by those who censor. On some forms like both main Carver sites, it is by management.  :laugh:

I agree that forums should be about friends, and understand how the weak will follow the leaders just to fit into the pack.  That is just nature, and us audio geeks by nature tend to keep low.  This board is kind of  different as the people in power are like me--> too busy sampling the newest beer to give a squat.

They don't have control of the 'safety net' though.  The members always control that.

People are different, and at some point, we all will disagree and anyone might become the 'asshole' the safety net is thrown over to protect the group.  In my case it is not "if" I will piss you off, but "when".   :laugh: :laugh:

I know it is not the way of the world, but I feel like if I am silent on anything, it means I approve, so I often question idiots when intelligent people know silence is the best way.  Often I end up the idiot. I am OK when that happens because I learn new things about audio or maybe about life.. 

I am OK with that 'saftey net' to control the group.  I don't like it, but I understand it.

The question is --

OO

Offline Kingman

• Southern Commander
  • OCCD...I GOT IT BADD!!!!!!!!!
Re: QU EST IOn
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 10:16:40 PM »
Good to hear from U Bill! You need to post this on the "other" forum!
IN REALITY IT ONLY MATTERS WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE TO YOU!!!!!

Offline OconeeOrange

• Double Secret Probation!
  • South Carolina RedNeck
    • YardCrap
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 10:29:51 PM »
Today I noticed my CLEMSON flag was dirty.  I just ordered a new one as my support is always there no matter what.  I don't have to wake up and check the wind, I support my friends.  You and Clemson are among them.
It is easy for me, but taking a permanent stand is hard for some.  There are always two sides and if you play the middle - well, I can't do that so I will not comment on it.

Anyway, I support the Tigers and all my friends -  win or loose.

Here is a joke that I like:

A friend is a guy who will bail you out of jail
A real friend will be sitting in there with you saying, "Damn that was fun"!!!

Offline thuffman03

• Zen Master
  • CarverFest Evictee
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 10:33:41 AM »
OO, glad to see you are hanging around on our forum!
Got Carver?