Author Topic: Daily starters  (Read 239177 times)

Offline scorpio333

• Ready For Intervention!
  • got mule?
Re: Daily starters
« Reply #900 on: March 27, 2020, 11:26:32 AM »
My wife kept telling me to embrace my shortcomings. So I gave her a hug.

Offline EmperorNorton

• Zen Master
« Reply #901 on: March 27, 2020, 12:37:42 PM »
Can't say I've heard of Bojak Horseman.

He was the star of the hit comedy' Horsin' Around" back in the 90s.

https://www.netflix.com/title/70300800
Rega Planar 3
WTL TPP
Oppo 103
Musical Fidelity M1 DAC
AR LS-17
Quad II 80 monoblocks
Canton CT-800 speakers

Offline scorpio333

• got mule?
« Reply #902 on: March 28, 2020, 10:43:13 AM »
The IRS decides to audit Grandpa, and summons him to the IRS office. The auditor was not surprised when Grandpa showed up with his attorney.

The auditor said, "Well, sir, you have an extravagant lifestyle and no full-time employment, Which you explain by saying that you win money gambling. I'm not sure the IRS finds that believable."

"I'm a great gambler, and I can prove it," says Grandpa. "How about a demonstration?"

The auditor thinks for a moment and said, "Okay. Go ahead."

Grandpa says, "I'll bet you a thousand dollars that I can bite my own eye."

The auditor thinks a moment and says, "It's a bet."

Grandpa removes his glass eye and bites it. The auditor's jaw drops.

Grandpa says, "Now, I'll bet you two thousand dollars that I can bite my other eye."

Now the auditor can tell Grandpa isn't blind, so he takes the bet. Grandpa removes his dentures and bites his good eye.

The stunned auditor now realizes he has wagered and lost three grand, with Grandpa's attorney as a witness. He starts to get nervous.

"Want to go double or nothing?" Grandpa asks. "I'll bet you six thousand dollars that I can stand on one side of your desk, and pee into that wastebasket on the other side, and never get a drop anywhere in between."

The auditor, twice burned, is cautious now, but he looks carefully and decides there's no way this old guy could possibly manage that stunt, so he agrees again.

Grandpa stands beside the desk and unzips his pants, but although he strains mightily, he can't make the stream reach the wastebasket on the other side, so he ends up urinating all over the auditor's desk.

The auditor leaps with joy, realizing that he has just turned a major loss into a huge win. But Grandpa's own attorney moans and puts his head in his hands.

"Are you okay?" the auditor asks.

"Not really," says the attorney. "This morning, when Grandpa told me he'd been summoned for an audit, he bet me twenty-five thousand dollars that he could come in here and pee all over your desk and that you'd be happy about it!"

Offline scorpio333

• got mule?
« Reply #903 on: March 29, 2020, 10:03:34 AM »
There was a very old man walking along a creek one day when a frog jumped out at him and said,
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 10:10:53 AM by scorpio333 »

Offline scorpio333

• got mule?
« Reply #904 on: March 29, 2020, 10:12:41 AM »
This whole formatting issue is getting a bit long in the tooth...can anything be done about it???

"Sir if you kiss me, I'll transform into a beautiful princess and remain with you for forever!" So the old man picks up the frog and puts her into his pocket. The was confused and reiterated, "Hey if you kiss me I'll transform into the most beautiful princess and remain with you forever!" The old man nodded and replied, "Well at my age I'd rather have a talking frog."
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 10:17:11 AM by scorpio333 »

Offline rgpit

• MAD Scientist
    • My Music Collection
« Reply #905 on: March 30, 2020, 08:19:40 AM »
This virus thing is getting to me. The other day I went to a strip club but it was clothed.  ::)
Pioneer PLX-1000, Nagaoka MP-150, Tascam CD200, microRendu, Sonictransporter I5, Benchmark DAC2HGC & AHB2, Harbeth Compact 7ES-3s, Analog Research Velluto, minidsp 2X4HD, SB Acoustics DIY subs, Sony HDR-F1HD, Alesis ML9600

Offline geoffr

• Double Secret Probation!
« Reply #906 on: March 30, 2020, 10:21:32 AM »
yeah, they won
Living room: Fisher 400, Thorens TD124, Arcam CD, Klipsch Heresy
Home office: Scott 222c or Fisher KX-200, Thorens TD124, Marantz CD + Peachtree DAC, Omega 3T desktop speakers and Deep Hemp sub
Basement: Rogue Cronus, Meadowlark Kestrel, Rega P25, Marantz CD

Offline geoffr

« Reply #907 on: March 30, 2020, 10:22:07 AM »
yeah, they won
Home office: Scott 222c or Fisher KX-200, Thorens TD124, Marantz CD + Peachtree DAC, Omega 3T desktop speakers and Deep Hemp sub

Offline geoffr

« Reply #908 on: March 30, 2020, 10:22:37 AM »
screw this

Offline scorpio333

• got mule?
« Reply #909 on: March 31, 2020, 08:37:57 AM »
In case you lost track, today is March 97th.

Yesterday I was struggling to open a Ketchup packet. I must have been squeezing too hard because once it ripped open it squirted me right in the eye. It was probably a dumb thing to do. Oh well, Heinz-sight is 20/20.

Offline scorpio333

• got mule?
« Reply #910 on: April 01, 2020, 08:56:20 AM »
So this piece of string walks into a bar and says, "Bartender, get me a drink!"

The bartender says, "We don't serve your kind here."

So the string walks out dejectedly. Then he gets an idea. He ties himself into a knot and combs out his top. He walks back into the bar and hollers out, "Bartender, get me a drink!"

The bartender looks at the string and says, "Didn't I just tell you we don't serve string?"

The string replies, "Nope, I'm a frayed knot!"
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 09:01:50 AM by scorpio333 »

Offline scorpio333

• got mule?
« Reply #911 on: April 02, 2020, 09:26:05 AM »
A police officer attempts to stop a car for speeding and the guy gradually increases his speed until he's topping 100 mph. The man eventually realizes he can't escape and finally pulls over. The cop approaches the car and says, "It's been a long day and my shift is almost over, so if you can give me a good excuse for your behavior, I'll let you go." The guy thinks for a few seconds and then says, "My wife ran away with a cop about a week ago. I thought you might be that officer trying to give her back!"

Offline scorpio333

• got mule?
« Reply #912 on: April 03, 2020, 09:28:37 AM »
A woman is at a grocery store. She goes to the clerk to purchase her groceries. The clerk looks at her items and sees a carton of eggs, a gallon of milk, and a head of lettuce. He says to the woman, "You must be single." The woman was surprised & replies, "Yes, how did you know?" The clerk answers, "Because you're ugly."

Offline Vpgh

« Reply #913 on: April 03, 2020, 10:37:11 AM »
A police officer attempts to stop a car for speeding and the guy gradually increases his speed until he's topping 100 mph. The man eventually realizes he can't escape and finally pulls over. The cop approaches the car and says, "It's been a long day and my shift is almost over, so if you can give me a good excuse for your behavior, I'll let you go." The guy thinks for a few seconds and then says, "My wife ran away with a cop about a week ago. I thought you might be that officer trying to give her back!"
Thank you for keeping the thread alive :)

Offline rgpit

• MAD Scientist
    • My Music Collection
« Reply #914 on: April 03, 2020, 10:58:43 AM »
There
Pioneer PLX-1000, Nagaoka MP-150, Tascam CD200, microRendu, Sonictransporter I5, Benchmark DAC2HGC & AHB2, Harbeth Compact 7ES-3s, Analog Research Velluto, minidsp 2X4HD, SB Acoustics DIY subs, Sony HDR-F1HD, Alesis ML9600