Author Topic: Garage sale finds.  (Read 37420 times)

Offline schwarcw

• Ready For Intervention!
  • No one here gets out alive!
Re: Garage sale finds.
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2012, 04:49:28 PM »
Those speakers are real beauties Scott!  I saw your thread over at AK.
Carl

Offline vstarkwell

• Double Secret Probation!
  • Bass!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2012, 07:52:19 PM »
I found a Lafayette LA-224A Stereophonic Amplifier yesterday in Regent Square. Pretty clean cosmetically, a tad dusty inside. Now I just need to see if it works. I'd post pictures but I can't figure out how to attach.

http://www.radiomuseum.org/r/lafayette_stereophonic_amplifier_la.html

Offline vstarkwell

• Bass!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2012, 07:53:31 PM »
^well I guess the attachments did work

Offline Slim-Shaddy

• CARVER KILLER!!!
  • Tubes are for boobs
    • This is Bullshit
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2012, 07:57:02 PM »
Very nice V!!
I am confident that an SL-1200 is capable of outperforming turntables of much higher expense with minor modification.

Offline vstarkwell

• Bass!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2012, 12:55:45 PM »
I found the following this morning at a house sale in Squirrel Hill

KLH Model 8 Tube Radio w/matching speaker. A couple of Amperex tubes in there.
Pioneer SX-535 receiver
Sanyo TP-600 SA turntable w/cover intact.
A pair of metal Target Audio speakers stands. (http://www.targethifi.co.uk/speaker_stands.html)

Five pieces of vinyl: All

Bonnie Raitt "Streetlights"
Keith Jarrett "The Koln Concert"
B.B. King "The Incredible Soul of B.B. King"
Steely Dan "Katy Lied"
Graham Nash/David Crosby "Graham Nash/David Crosby"

Anybody know of any radio collectors who might want to take a look at the KLH? :laugh: More business for the shop I'm sure.

I'll update as to working condition of TT & Receiver.

Anders

« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2012, 02:12:21 PM »
I already have a KLH 8 but I could look at it.

Anders

Offline vstarkwell

• Bass!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2012, 02:19:29 PM »
I already have a KLH 8 but I could look at it.

Anders

I plan on bringing it up to you guys to make sure it's working properly, also is that TT worth repairing? cosmetically it's in great shape.

Offline vstarkwell

• Bass!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2012, 09:18:31 AM »
TT not working
Pioneer SX-535 is working, lights etc; it could probably use an internal go over/cleaning.

Tom & Anders I'll be seeing you guys after the New Year.

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2012, 12:14:16 PM »
Did you check the belt?

Offline vstarkwell

• Bass!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2012, 12:37:29 PM »
Did you check the belt?

I wouldn't know what to look for, thus I'll have Tom or Anders take a look to see if, costs are minimal, it's worth repairing.

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2012, 09:39:43 PM »
http://www.vinylengine.com/library/sanyo/tp-600sa.shtml

Download the manual.   You have to join but it is free and they don't spam you.   The basic stuff is really easy and not worth bothering a tech over.

Offline vstarkwell

• Bass!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2012, 08:36:52 AM »
http://www.vinylengine.com/library/sanyo/tp-600sa.shtml

Download the manual.   You have to join but it is free and they don't spam you.   The basic stuff is really easy and not worth bothering a tech over.

Thanks for the link I'll check it out. Here's hoping it's minor.

Offline ESM

« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2014, 03:30:24 PM »
Near Mint DCM Time Frame 350's.
Had a line on these since Friday morning.  Flipping speakers..

Offline icravcarver

• Vinyl is better than ever!!!!
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2014, 05:24:35 PM »
I know that this hasn't been posted in for a while, so here it goes.  Community wide garage sale yesterday.  Major score and then some. (I will post some pics once I find my camera!)

1.) Polk Monitor 12's Series 2 - Fully funcional, sound great - Cosmetically - not terrible.  Fair at best - some paint on black laminate, risers have chipped ends (starting to break apart - not a lot yet, but will eventually need replacing) a couple of chips in the rear upper corners (relatively small - about the size of my thumb or so) - grille frames are broken in a couple of places (but still functional) and obviously a couple of small holes in the grille cloth (not noticeable from a couple of feet away).  $40.00 - whoo whoo!!  These have found their way into the man cave in place of the Klipsch Heresy II's which are now back in the bedroom!

2.) MSB Tech DAC Link III - trying to determine which version it is, has one upgrade as it has the Option switch on the back - no XLR input - so I don't think it is the full Nelson!!! (J/K)-needs wall wart (has special connector to wall wart - emailed MSB Tech). - combined this with two other items - total of $50.00 (items 2 through 5)

3.) Kenwood KR-820 receiver - just a cheapo receiver to throw on the back porch during the summer with the cheapo Optimus garage sale speakers we bought last year for $15. (This way if the heat or cold gets to them (or the punk ass neighborhood kids) I won't give a shit!

4.) Tandberg 3300X reel to reel - came with replacement belts.  Powers on, and when I started, the take up reel would spin, fast forward, play, and the counter worked.  However, the pads on the feed reel were not present (dissolved).  Put on the new belt and went to the craft store.  I got some cork at the craft store fashioned my own.  When I got back from the craft store I made my felt clutch pads and etc, however, now the motor won't turn.  It was unplugged when I left, so I don't think it could have shorted, but hey, who knows.  (This may become a donor unit to someone that has one.)  Also the little plastic housing that holds the reel clip (screws onto the end of the hub spindle) must have been cracked, because when I went to put the empty maxell reel on it, it popped off in pieces.  It may find its way to the shop if I ever get down there this year.  We'll see.

5.) Technic SL-D20 turntable.  Needs new P-mount cartridge, power cord, and RCA cables (these just plug into the back, so I just have to make an ground connector for it.

I think in all, I did fairly well.  I know some of the stuff  may not be ideal.  Even though some items are missing pieces, i.e. the MSB, if I can hook up with the missing links, can be a not so bad day if you ask me.  All for under a "C" note.
MAIN SYSTEM:Carver TFM-55, Carver C-16, Carver S/DA-490t, Carver TD-1770, BSR-EQ3000, Philips AF-677, Auvio HD Radio Tuner, Polk SDA-1C's
Man Cave: HR-772, Technics SL-P220, Polk Monitor 12 Series 2
Bedroom: Cheap ass Teac Receiver, Klipsch Heresy II's
Porch: Kenwood KR-820 Receiver, Optimus STS 100

Offline schwarcw

• No one here gets out alive!
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2014, 08:22:31 PM »
Very nice score!  I'm sure the R2R can be brought back to life.  If not, it would be a good parts unit for somebody.  Congrats on the stellar finds!
Carl