Author Topic: Altec Model 19 (pair)  (Read 8889 times)

Offline Plink

• FNG !!!
Altec Model 19 (pair)
« on: July 12, 2012, 04:19:45 PM »
Hi folks,

Yes, these are for sale and available locally.  I do not see these around Pittsburgh that often so please take note.

These Altec Model 19 speakers are in great shape with teh crossovers rebuilt (caps and resistors replaced but original inductors remain).  The top of each speaker is refinished with a light sanding and oil and the sides have not yet been refinished (too busy listening) but will look very nice when this is completed. 

This is my second pair of 19s and I assure you that all is good with these and that they do sound fantastic.  Nothing is wrong...I just would like to move to smaller speakers.

I have the original manual and an Altec brochure to go with these beauties.  I bought these locally a year ago.

99 db sensitive at 1 meter.  811 sectoral horn, 802 drivers, and 15"  416 woofer.  Tangerine phase plug.  8 ohm.

$1,999

Cheers,

P

SunnyDaze

Re: Altec Model 19 (pair)
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 04:30:58 PM »
Do you have change for two $1000 bills?  ;D

P.S. - If you are going to be selling big dollar items on this forum, folks may feel a bit more inclined to make a purchase if introduce yourself in the new members area.  ;D

Offline MacGeek

• Ready For Intervention!
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 05:14:00 PM »
Some photos will also be nice.
Mac stuff, Sony HDR-F1HD AM/FM/HD tuner, Denon DRS 810 cassette, Denon CDR-W1500 CD recorder, Music Hall MMF-9 w/B&O MMC2, B & O 4002 w/B & O 20 CL, Revox A-77

SunnyDaze

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 06:49:13 PM »
Some photos will also be nice.

You're getting picky.

Offline Plink

• FNG !!!
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 07:25:16 PM »
Do you have change for two $1000 bills?  ;D

P.S. - If you are going to be selling big dollar items on this forum, folks may feel a bit more inclined to make a purchase if introduce yourself in the new members area.  ;D

$1,999 is a bit cheeky, isn't it.

I have tons of feedback on Audiogon under Plinko and anyone is welcome to come by my place and have a look at these beauties. 

Offline vstarkwell

• Double Secret Probation!
  • Bass!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 08:27:16 PM »

+1, same goes for that "Mr Peabody"

Offline Plink

• FNG !!!
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2012, 11:20:42 PM »
Deal fell through on another pair of horns so until i find an upgrade, these are on hold.  Could be a while, lol.   ;D

Offline Plink

• FNG !!!
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2012, 11:24:00 PM »
Deal fell through on another pair of horns so until i find an upgrade, these are on hold.  Could be a while, lol.   ;D

Btw, I am in the Burgh and any lack of confidence or reticence can be addressed by an enjoyable listening session...just bring some brews to share.  Lol.   ;D

Offline Slim-Shaddy

• CARVER KILLER!!!
  • Tubes are for boobs
    • This is Bullshit
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2012, 12:05:35 AM »

Btw, I am in the Burgh and any lack of confidence or reticence can be addressed by an enjoyable listening session...just bring some brews to share.  Lol.   ;D

I think, but am not sure, that a price adjustment is due... Not that I'm interested, it's just my assumption.
I am confident that an SL-1200 is capable of outperforming turntables of much higher expense with minor modification.

SunnyDaze

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2012, 11:23:26 AM »
Price adjustment?

Why doesn't he just make them a full $2000 and post a picture?

Not that I'm interested either...

Offline Reverend

• Ready For Intervention!
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2012, 05:33:58 PM »

So are you telling people that you aren't selling them then?  Confused by your post and lack of pictures.  No, i'm not interested either.

Offline stereotype

• FNG !!!
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2012, 05:39:22 PM »
I am Interested (price needs to be negotiated) But serious buyer with cash, but not for sale. just teasing me :'(

Offline Plink

• FNG !!!
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2012, 08:32:38 PM »
So are you telling people that you aren't selling them then?  Confused by your post and lack of pictures.  No, i'm not interested either.

No longer for sale and therefore no need to post pictures.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 09:31:54 PM by Rest lame brats »

Offline Plink

• FNG !!!
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2012, 08:36:06 PM »
I am Interested (price needs to be negotiated) But serious buyer with cash, but not for sale. just teasing me :'(

I do apologize (sincerely) but I don't think we would have made a deal as I would not have negotiated a price.  Hope that provides some consolation.

Offline Plink

• FNG !!!
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2012, 08:40:50 PM »
Price adjustment?

Why doesn't he just make them a full $2000 and post a picture?

Not that I'm interested either...

Why don't you just ask me instead of talking about me in the third person?  Seems a bit rude, eh?