Author Topic: Race car driver takes his wife for a spin in an M3  (Read 3344 times)

OldiesButGoodies

Race car driver takes his wife for a spin in an M3
« on: September 30, 2012, 09:38:12 AM »
http://www.flixxy.com/race-car-drivers-wife-gets-thrill-of-her-life.htm#.UGhGz_l27GZ

And this is me goofing around with my 3 series in Decker Canyon road in CA:

Decker Canyon Rd.mp4

Decker Canyon is a famous stretch of road in CA where you can barely get beyond second gear (you can,  but you may also get to fall off the mountain,  as many have and died).  To give you a sense of how serpentine it is:

Decker Canyon by TimSchmidt (Digammo), on Flickr
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 09:56:58 AM by OldiesButGoodies »

BB3

Re: Race car driver takes his wife for a spin in an M3
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 03:03:26 PM »
Wow ! What a road. What I would give to drive on that. My goodness does that look sweet.

Thank you for posting, OldiesButGoodies.--------Bill

OldiesButGoodies

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 11:05:09 PM »
You are welcome BB3!

It was really great to live at the beginning on Decker Canyon Rd and drive it all the way down to the beach in 20 minutes - it was definitely a cool feature of California - so many nice roads.

At the end of Decker Canyon,  down the hill, you turn right in Pacific Coast Highway 1 and drive a few miles to Neptune's Net,  a great biker bar and hangout, have a beer and ome back home.

Neptune's Net In Malibu by LouieBaur, on Flickr

Pepe

Offline tinpan

• Audio Geek!
    • VA Gold
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 03:42:20 PM »
That look like that was fun. Kalifornia has some very interesting roads to drive on.

Sawyers bar road in Siskiyou County is terrifying, one of my former buddies actually cried and we were doing 30 miles n hour. We didn't realize he was scared of heights. We were there for a week to prospect. It was two hours back to the airport and no one would take him.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ODYCEI8lNxU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
The guy on the bike has a death wish

Wish I knew how to post these correctly.
Tinpan

If you can read this message, thank a teacher.
If you are reading it in english, thank a veteran

OldiesButGoodies

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 04:01:36 PM »
Hi Tinpan! Thanks for the video - that is what I would do if I had a street bike and lived in CA,  and that is why I will never buy a street bike. 

To post youtube videos in the forum,  use the old embed code: