Author Topic: Opinion: The 2012 Election And Why You Shouldn’t Care  (Read 3428 times)

Offline TNRabbit

• Audio Geek!
  • WTF are you looking at?
Opinion: The 2012 Election And Why You Shouldn’t Care
« on: November 06, 2012, 02:38:39 AM »
Opinion: The 2012 Election And Why You Shouldn’t Care Posted by RageTheory 10 hours ago

The 2012 election is almost here. It’s that glorious time of year when all the late night viewers get to call in to their favorite reality TV shows and vote for the douche bag they hate the least. Everyone gets so worked up about it. It’s like that simple division between red and blue that is the basis for every major soccer riot of all time. I call it soccer because this is America and all the Euros HATE the fact that football is way better than soccer.
Let me start off by saying that I hate President Obama. However, I also hate Mitt Romney. Both of these candidates are terrible “choices” and the fact that they are competing for the most powerful position in the free world is a joke in and of itself.
Two party politics in America is the biggest illusion of all time. The Republican and Democratic parties have both merged so far to the middle that they can hardly be distinguished any more. They differ over a few highly charged emotional issues, but ultimately there’s only one party in America: the status quo. And believe me, it’s a lame f**king party. It’s a huge cock fest and they ran out of booze like fifty years ago.
The President of the United States is a figurehead. He’s just like the Queen of England. There’s no real power. It’s all for show. He’s a dildo. He can get the job done, but there’s something lifeless and fake about it. By himself, he’s useless. The real power lies in the handlers. You must come to see that the dildo is not to blame. It’s the people holding the dildo, ramming you in the ass with it. Those are the f**kers you gotta watch out for.
The puppet masters mold the man into the perfect image of what they think people will like. It’s all about ratings. If you want to know who’s running things, look for the massive campaign donations from corporations and individuals who stand to profit from the election.
I’m sick of people arguing about which candidate is better. The candidates are actors. They are just reading a script. They aren’t real. The election has been taken over by MTV and the sole purpose is to create as much drama as possible.  The goal is to keep people as uninformed about reality as possible. And it’s working…
Six corporations control 90% of American media. Think about that for a moment because it’s f**king insane. Six corporations control 90% of everything you read, watch, and listen to. Want to know who controls the elections? Look at who controls the coverage of the elections. It’s not a difficult mental leap.
Luckily, TFM falls into the 10% of heathen media outside of mega corporate control, but believe me, if a superPAC approached me and offered me a briefcase full of cash to endorse a particular candidate, I would do it in a heartbeat. I’m a whore for money and I have no shame about it. It’s that simple character flaw that allows me to see the same character flaw in society as a whole, especially in politics and “unbiased” news reporting.
What the candidates disagree on is not important. Look at what they do agree on. That’s the key. That’s why third party candidates talking about real issues get no attention in the lamestream media. Both Romney and Obama support provisions in the National Defense Authorization Act that allows the government to indefinitely detain US citizens without trial. You want to talk conspiracy theories? That’s not a theory, that’s a f**king a fact. Google it, I’m not making shit up.
Why isn’t any body talking about that? The NDAA is the greatest civil rights tragedy in American history and neither candidate remotely gives a shit. That’s because their handlers don’t want them to talk about it. They don’t want you to think about it. That’s why American politics don’t matter anymore. It doesn’t matter who you vote for, because both candidates support draconian policies that will move America towards an authoritarian corporate police state.
The only solution that I can see is the resurgence of a viable third party alternative. Unfortunately, there are still millions of uninformed old people that don’t know about the internets. They get all their opinions from six corporations who spend billions of dollars on campaigns to make people see the world through red and blue lenses. Until people wake up and see the two party deception for what it is, voting for a third party is essentially a waste of a vote.
Many people don’t even vote for the candidate they like and identify with. Lots of people just vote for the guy that they hate the least. Picking the lesser of two evils is no way for the greatest nation on Earth to conduct its elections. Hopefully, when enough people realize that the Republican and Democratic parties are both full of shit, a third party alternative might become a possibility. Until then, choose red or blue and shut the f**k up. It’s just two sides to the same coin, so who gives a shit.
On November 6th, I’m going to vote for Romney. Not because I believe he is a quality candidate, but because if he’s elected he will immediately start campaigning for 2016.  He’s not going to do anything too drastic that will upset future voters. If Obama gets re-elected, he gets a blank check to stop giving a f**k. Two-term presidents are dangerous to civil liberties. Two-term presidents don’t need to worry about re-election. Obama can bukkake our freedom all he wants without repercussions. What are we going to do, impeach the first black president? White guilt won’t stand for that.
In these times of fake politics, I’d rather have a new guy walking on eggshells for the next four years. I’d rather vote for the actor that makes it more difficult for the Illuminati to enslave us all. I’d rather vote for Romney, because, well, anyone would be better than Obama.
Romney supePAC, please make your check payable to RAGE THEORY, INC.
 It’s been a pleasure doing business with you.
TNRabbit

Carver SD/A-360 CDP feeding  Benchmark DAC-1
Sunfire Theater Grand-IV Processor/Sunfire Cinema Seven Signature Amp
Ashly XR-1001 & Rane PEQ-15s biamping AL-IIIs

Offline Slim-Shaddy

• CARVER KILLER!!!
  • Tubes are for boobs
    • This is Bullshit
Re: Opinion: The 2012 Election And Why You Shouldn’t Care
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 09:21:03 AM »
Excuse me while I go cut my wrists and eat a few hundred sleeping pills. That was a very negative, conspiracy theory laden message.
I am confident that an SL-1200 is capable of outperforming turntables of much higher expense with minor modification.

Offline thuffman03

• Zen Master
  • CarverFest Evictee
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 11:16:57 AM »
Excuse me while I go cut my wrists and eat a few hundred sleeping pills. That was a very negative, conspiracy theory laden message.

Why don't you tell us how you really feal.  LOL

I have been saying for years....If voting actually mattered, it would have been outlawed years ago.
Got Carver?

Offline MacGeek

• Ready For Intervention!
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 05:22:55 PM »
We have had viable 3rd party candidates in relatively recent history.  Ross Perot garnered almost 20% of the vote at one point (he ran twice).  One real power the president has is to appoint Supreme Court judges and the consequences of that choice last much longer than any election winner.  I doubt I have kept any piece of Hi Fi gear as long a a Supreme Court judge has been on the bench.  Presidents, on the other hand, don't last as long as my cars.
Mac stuff, Sony HDR-F1HD AM/FM/HD tuner, Denon DRS 810 cassette, Denon CDR-W1500 CD recorder, Music Hall MMF-9 w/B&O MMC2, B & O 4002 w/B & O 20 CL, Revox A-77