Author Topic: vintage home stereo system  (Read 1879 times)

Offline antiteck

• FNG !!!
vintage home stereo system
« on: February 22, 2013, 09:04:18 PM »
I am putting together enough components to make a nice sounding system to sell. I have no real idea what it's worth (just stuff collected over the years) It consist of  Dynakit series 70 amp, pre-amp, tuner (all factory built) Bogen b52 turntable, Webcor reel to reel, and Boss 901 series 6 speakers with EQ The finish is nearly perfect on all items, but I'm sure the tubed parts need to be tune-up and cleaned. The only parts I'm sure that work well are the speakers.  The finish on the amp is black with a chrome face. pre-amp and tuner are gold. The bogen has the factory plastic cover in good shape. any info on the above items would be appreciated. I'm in So. Cal and these would be expensive to ship. Thanks again for any help

Offline OCCD

• Woof
  • Ready For Intervention!
  • glub glub glub
    • Vintage HiFi of Pittsburgh
Re: vintage home stereo system
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 09:26:28 PM »
Can ya post a few pics? >:D
Do you want ants? Because THAT'S HOW YOU GET ANTS!

Offline antiteck

• FNG !!!
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 07:49:58 PM »
I will try to send some pics in the next few days. Almost all these parts look new or near new, but I'm sure they all need work, but they are are all complete and haven't been worked on (I plugged the amp and preamp in briefly years ago and the tubes lit, for what that is worth) The Bose are in good shape- no rot, no bad scratches

Offline Slim-Shaddy

• CARVER KILLER!!!
  • Tubes are for boobs
    • This is Bullshit
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 08:40:58 PM »
Are you looking for advice as to what you should ask for your gear locally, or are you trying to get us to place offers here in pittsburgh? Just curious. Either way I might be interested in your st70 if the price is right.
I am confident that an SL-1200 is capable of outperforming turntables of much higher expense with minor modification.