Author Topic: A Craigslist Connection  (Read 3058 times)

Offline skysailor

• FNG !!!
A Craigslist Connection
« on: April 18, 2013, 11:23:58 PM »
I just happened to have expanded my Craigslist search for a good turntable and as a result hooked up with your Steve via phone and he pointed me in this direction.  I am in the process of rebuilding the system of my youth...well maybe with some upgrades but certainly short of the high level of many of you on this forum.  Nevertheless I am putting together an audio system that will satisfy my audio requirements as well as my Techie and "wheels and buttons" needs!! I love spinning wheels and good vibrations!!  A few flashing lights that are in time with the beat complete the picture.  I don't have the resources right now to delve too deeply into this but I am a retired (66) electronics tech with an appreciation of music of all types and the systems designed to deliver it.
I am also into flying, have my private pilot certificate and I have a small two seat amateur-built aircraft that takes me places that music can't. I also have an active interest in video and so I tend to combine all my interests and I love making flying videos with appropriate music soundtracks.  If you are interested, this is my youtube channel  http://www.youtube.com/user/skysailor64?feature=mhee  I hope to do better when I get my new audio system set up!  Cheers!

Offline MasterBlaster

• Administrator
    • Vintage HiFi of Pittsburgh
Re: A Craigslist Connection
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 12:39:09 AM »
Welcome to the group!!
HT: Audiocontrol Maestro M3, Sunfire 5*200,  Tannoy Mercury MX , SVS PB-12 Sub

Head-Fi: FUBAR IV Plus DAC, Grado SR225

Living Room: Dynaco ST-70 (R&R work done by NATOE), Dynaco PAS Preamp, Jamo C607 towers, MCS 6710 Turntable

SunnyDaze

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 01:02:19 AM »
Hola.

Offline MacGeek

• Ready For Intervention!
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 07:53:54 AM »
Welcome.  Got a stereo in the plane?
Mac stuff, Sony HDR-F1HD AM/FM/HD tuner, Denon DRS 810 cassette, Denon CDR-W1500 CD recorder, Music Hall MMF-9 w/B&O MMC2, B & O 4002 w/B & O 20 CL, Revox A-77

Offline Kingman

• Southern Commander
  • OCCD...I GOT IT BADD!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2013, 09:48:06 AM »
Welcome skysailor!!!
IN REALITY IT ONLY MATTERS WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE TO YOU!!!!!

Offline Reverend

• Ready For Intervention!
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2013, 11:39:04 AM »
Welcome to the forum!