Author Topic: Possible Crites Tweeter Issue, HELP!  (Read 3019 times)

SunnyDaze

Possible Crites Tweeter Issue, HELP!
« on: May 03, 2013, 12:01:00 PM »
I realize that Crites tweeters in Klipsch speakers are supposed to "smooth" out the top end. I suppose I wasn't expecting such a decrease in brightness.

Is it possible that I overtightened the magnet assemblies when bolting them back on to the waveguides, thus causing the compression driver diaphragms to be wedged up against the diffuser that is situated in front of the diaphragm in the center opening of the waveguide?

I tried to shine a light back there and see if there was any space at all. I even tried fitting a piece of uncooperative dental floss between the diffuser and the diaphragm to no avail.

The reason I'm asking this is because when I removed the old textile diaphragms, the nuts that secure the rear of the compression drivers to the waveguides were barely finger tight. In addition, the Crites units came with a very thin sheet of paper to serve as the gasket between the front of the compression driver and the rear of the waveguide where as the Klipsch OE units have a slightly thicker foam gasket in place.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Anders? Tom? Any of you other horny guys?

Offline Slim-Shaddy

• CARVER KILLER!!!
  • Tubes are for boobs
    • This is Bullshit
Re: Possible Crites Tweeter Issue, HELP!
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 12:50:18 PM »
The person you want to talk to about that is Frank (fhawk618), but I haven't seen him on in awhile.
I am confident that an SL-1200 is capable of outperforming turntables of much higher expense with minor modification.

SunnyDaze

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 05:32:34 PM »
Does anyone have any contact info on Frank?

Bunni

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 05:48:23 PM »
Anders is on the way to the shop, you can prolly call him there?