Author Topic: Twisted Pear Dual Mono DAC / ESS Sabre 9018  (Read 13592 times)

Offline Slim-Shaddy

• CARVER KILLER!!!
  • Tubes are for boobs
    • This is Bullshit
Re: Twisted Pear Dual Mono DAC / ESS Sabre 9018
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2013, 02:34:33 PM »
I am the "Sparky" that Carl was referring to... and those are the speakers that gave me that name. I had just picked them up and while listening to them I noticed a buzz from the right panel. I was trying to located the buzz by putting pressure on different spots on the panel. While my left hand was still on the front of the panel I stupidly reached around with my right to put pressure on a spot on the back. She liked the reach around so much that she held me there for a couple seconds with her love buzz.
Considering at the time I had 2 year old running around, I listed them on craigslist the next day, and sold them within half an hour for $500.
I am confident that an SL-1200 is capable of outperforming turntables of much higher expense with minor modification.

Offline Rockman Rock

• Double Secret Probation!
  • How about a taxi grab.....
Re: Twisted Pear Dual Mono DAC / ESS Sabre 9018
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2013, 03:01:03 PM »
It is good to meet you Slim! Getting zapped by an ESL is one of those things that's funny to the folks that didn't get zapped but not to the zappee. That is why I eventually got a pair of the MK III's with the Ultrastat panel. Roger claims he has never had an Ultrastat panel fail.
Salk SoundScape 8's / Audio Research Reference 3 / Bottlehead Eros Phono / Krell KSA-250 / diy Lenco w/AA MG-1 arm / diy Dual Mono Buffalo III DAC / Denon 3910 I2S/DSD out mod / SB Touch 12S out mod / diy Cinemag SUT