Author Topic: For Sale: (2) Klipsch WF-35 Espresso New In Box  (Read 12036 times)

Offline davidbachman

• FNG !!!
  • Excelsior !
For Sale: (2) Klipsch WF-35 Espresso New In Box
« on: August 06, 2013, 07:20:49 PM »
I was just at VintageHiFi (Tuesday 6th) and Tom suggested I post these here.

For Sale is a pair of Klipsch Icon WF-35 floorstanding speakers in the Espresso finish.

These are new in the box.  My plans have changed and I just want to recover the money I spent on them.

If any serious offers want to see the speakers I could meet you at VintageHiFi some evening.

$800

http://hometheaterreview.com/klipsch-icon-wf-35-floorstanding-loudspeakers-reviewed/

Introduced in June of 2008, the Klipsch Icon W series adds a healthy dose of refinement and sophistication to the impressive and a bit, uh, modern and aggressive Klipsch product line. It provides furniture-grade finishing, lots of technology, and elegant styling that pushes the Klipsch name into more areas of houses in more kinds of neighborhoods. The Icon W line offers two floorstanding models (WF-35/reviewed here, WF-34), a bookshelf speaker (WB-14), a center channel (WC-24), and a surround speaker (WS-24).

The WF-35 ($1499 per pair, MSRP) features a one-inch titanium diaphragm compression tweeter mated to a 4.5-inch 80 degree by 80 degree XT Tractrix horn, crossed over at 2.5kHz to three 5.25-inch triple-woven fiberglass cone woofers with ceramic motor structures, all encased within a very solid bass-reflex enclosure composed of an exotic, non-endangered Berlinia veneer from West Africa, finished in gorgeous Espresso or Cabernet finishes. The XT Tractrix technology alters the surface geometry of the horn with four flower-shaped "bumps" to create a wider dispersion pattern than that usually provided by horns. The design employs two oval-shaped ports on the rear, fitted beautifully into the cabinet with sloped plastic fittings. Ditto for the dual pair of 5-way gold-plated binding posts. Klipsch says that Berlinia is a sister veneer to Zebrawood and is often featured on luxury goods. Whatever it is, it looks downright fantastic, and certainly gives the WF-35 a luxury goods feel. Even the grill has a slick touch of its own, attaching via magnets with no visible fasteners on the baffle. Measuring 43 inches high by 7.25 inches wide by 11.75 inches high and weighing 41 pounds, the WF-35 provides a slim footprint and has some nice heft to drag around. Overall, the fit and finish of the WF-35 easily rank with the very best in its class, and even with some in the classes above it.
Matter flows from place to place and momentarily comes together to be you. Some people find that thought disturbing. I find the reality thrilling.
 - Richard Dawkins

Offline davidbachman

• FNG !!!
  • Excelsior !
Re: For Sale: (2) Klipsch WF-35 Espresso New In Box
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 09:50:36 PM »
Why point towards refurbished, used and missing parts ?

Silly

These are new and you are welcome to inspect them.
Matter flows from place to place and momentarily comes together to be you. Some people find that thought disturbing. I find the reality thrilling.
 - Richard Dawkins

Offline schwarcw

• Ready For Intervention!
  • No one here gets out alive!
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2013, 09:54:29 PM »
I guess expresso means black?

The linked items appear to have a Warranty.  Plus you can buy a warranty for a nominal amount.

Carl

Offline davidbachman

• FNG !!!
  • Excelsior !
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2013, 09:57:32 PM »
As with most furniture today, Espresso is a very dark brown, but still showing enough detail to see the beautiful grain and finish of the wood.

Again, these are new and you are welcome to inspect them.
 - Richard Dawkins

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2013, 10:05:57 PM »
David, point out that you won't have to pay shipping on yours.   That much is true.

Offline davidbachman

• FNG !!!
  • Excelsior !
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2013, 10:25:10 PM »
Naturally, there is no shipping fee as I would meet you at VintageHiFi if you so choose.

I believe the asking price is fair for what these speakers are, and again I'm just trying to get back what I paid for them.
 - Richard Dawkins

Offline schwarcw

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2013, 10:25:52 PM »
Greetings Dave!

I don't think any of us are try to be bashing your attempt to sell here.  We're a small group that looks out for each other.  I fully understand you want to recover your money and no one is disputing what you paid.  It's unfortunate these speakers are being closed out everywhere.

New WD-35s are for sale on Amazon for $349.  Full factory warranty and free shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B001C58JI2/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Carl

Offline schwarcw

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2013, 10:27:36 PM »
BTW That price on Amazon was per speaker.
Carl

Offline davidbachman

• FNG !!!
  • Excelsior !
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2013, 10:38:01 PM »
Yes, but these speakers are notorious for damage during shipping.  And don't I also see a price of over $1200 there too ?  And prices elsewhere of $300-$400 per speaker for used and damaged units ?

The price difference with mine is slight and you never know what you're gonna get. If you order through amazon and they arrive damaged, what if by that time there are no more available ?

Not trying to argue with anyone, just want to move speakers I no have no need for.

These are perfect.  You are welcome to inspect them to confirm.
 - Richard Dawkins

Offline schwarcw

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2013, 10:52:26 PM »
Thanks David!

Good luck with you sale!

Best regards,
Carl

Offline davidbachman

• FNG !!!
  • Excelsior !
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2013, 10:56:06 PM »
Thank you too !

I hope someone will be able to use and enjoy these speakers.
 - Richard Dawkins

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2013, 11:36:24 PM »
I'm just trying to get back what I paid for them.

As said above, nobody wants to bash you, but that is an unrealistic goal.   Drive a car off the lot and it loses 25% immediately.   Speakers don't even have odometers.

SunnyDaze

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2013, 12:25:10 AM »
You have to consider the used market. Used speakers in your price range are typically far superior to your 35's.

Again, no offense, but, the number you are asking is a bit on the unrealistic side.

Offline davidbachman

• FNG !!!
  • Excelsior !
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2013, 06:13:54 AM »
Seriously ?

Again, not used, not refurbished, not missing pieces.

Perfect new condition. Box opened only to confirm that when they arrived. You are welcome to confirm that as well.
 - Richard Dawkins