Author Topic: Need frequency generator program...  (Read 3355 times)

Offline gdv

• Audio Connoisseur
Need frequency generator program...
« on: July 06, 2013, 11:21:32 AM »
Recommendations?  Need a basic program download that will generate frequencies from at least 100hz to 15khz...  Can be PC/windows based or for ipod touch...

Prefer something free or VERY economical...   :laugh:

Thanks!!!
George
5 out of 4 people have trouble with fractions...

Offline papabearjew

• Musicholic, Instigator
  • Ready For Intervention!
Re: Need frequency generator program...
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 03:55:58 PM »
I have a program I downloaded on my Android devices called Signal Generator by radonSoft.  It generates frequencies from 20-20k (claimed) and also generates pink noise and white noise.  I find it very useful.  I also downloaded a program called Sound Meter by Smart Tools co.  Although I haven't checked it for accuracy against any of my real sound level meters it is still an interesting ap.  All were free.  I especially find the signal generator ap very useful for simple testing of tape decks for w&f or for simple bias tests.  Let me know if I can be of more help.

OldiesButGoodies

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2013, 11:10:58 PM »
Another option in windows is Audacity (open source code and free). Generates  a sine or saw tooth wave sweep.

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

• Ready For Intervention!
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2013, 11:28:28 PM »
Another option in windows is Audacity (open source code and free). Generates  a sine or saw tooth wave sweep.

I didn't know this and I have Audacity installed on one of my machines.   I'm gonna have to check that out.

OldiesButGoodies

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2013, 09:33:34 AM »
that software will enable all kinds of audio tricks if you get into the Nyquist plugins.  You do not have to know much - just copy/paste the code from the many sources in the net,  give the right name (many explanations on the web) and put it in the plugins subfolder.