Author Topic: HOLIDAY BEER  (Read 8234 times)

Offline OconeeOrange

• Double Secret Probation!
  • South Carolina RedNeck
    • YardCrap
HOLIDAY BEER
« on: November 01, 2010, 06:15:54 PM »
The Holiday Beers are coming out - I am a fan, but just like a taste or two as there are not many I can drink a case of in one sitting.
Most have spices and either you like that or not.  I do, and while they are not session beers - very tasty.

One just released is a strange IPA by SIERRA NEVADA they put out once a year.  Their Pale ale is almost an IPA, so each year when they put out "CELEBRATION" all should stock up.  No spices - just hops and as a 'Hop Head' - realize this is one of the best.

The best way to get into REAL beer like the Holiday versions is to volunteer your help to a friend who makes homebrew.  After you get used to the smell of raw hops and when to pitch them - you will taste them in your beer.  Then beer becomes special.

Offline Reverend

• Ready For Intervention!
Re: HOLIDAY BEER
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 08:55:29 PM »
I love the Dogfish Chicory Stout, only available around this time.

SunnyDaze

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 09:03:17 PM »
Gulden Draak. It's not seasonal, but every Christmas, they ship out their magnificent dark brew in frosty white bottles.

If you've never had it, and you're a dark beer person, you're killing doing yourself no justice.

Offline MasterBlaster

• Administrator
    • Vintage HiFi of Pittsburgh
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 10:02:56 PM »
There is a mix-n-match six pack shop near
 me that carries a good selection of seasonals.

no matter what though, I always pick up a case of Anderson Valley Winter Solstice.

Here are a few others I like:

Penn St. nick
Anchor winter
Erie old red (formerly red ryder)
Sam smith winter
HT: Audiocontrol Maestro M3, Sunfire 5*200,  Tannoy Mercury MX , SVS PB-12 Sub

Head-Fi: FUBAR IV Plus DAC, Grado SR225

Living Room: Dynaco ST-70 (R&R work done by NATOE), Dynaco PAS Preamp, Jamo C607 towers, MCS 6710 Turntable

Offline Kingman

• Southern Commander
  • OCCD...I GOT IT BADD!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010, 10:16:16 PM »
I don't drink beer..... ::) I consume it!!!  :P
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 10:18:14 PM by Kingman »
IN REALITY IT ONLY MATTERS WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE TO YOU!!!!!

Offline Slim-Shaddy

• CARVER KILLER!!!
  • Tubes are for boobs
    • This is Bullshit
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2010, 10:19:09 PM »
This isn't specifically about holiday beer, but we went to Rivertown for dinner tonight and I found out they will sell kegs of their beer. They have a huge selection and it's all good. They always have some specialty beer so it wouldn't surprise me if they had a holiday beer. I asked about quarter kegs and they are $80.
I am confident that an SL-1200 is capable of outperforming turntables of much higher expense with minor modification.

Offline OconeeOrange

• South Carolina RedNeck
    • YardCrap
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2010, 10:19:36 PM »
me neither

Offline OconeeOrange

• South Carolina RedNeck
    • YardCrap
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2010, 10:28:18 PM »
This isn't specifically about holiday beer, but we went to Rivertown for dinner tonight and I found out they will sell kegs of their beer. They have a huge selection and it's all good. They always have some specialty beer so it wouldn't surprise me if they had a holiday beer. I asked about quarter kegs and they are $80.

Kegs are good.
Don't buy a kegorator or a refrigerator.
Buy an upright freezer.  they are cheaper and better insulated.
You can find a 'through the door tap if you google and also a thermostat to control the freezer that is just plug and play.   

With that you can plug in a keg of beer and keep it at 25 degrees.  It is a cheap way to have cold beer.  Since the keg is dispensed with CO2 and not O2 it will be fresh for months.

Offline OconeeOrange

• South Carolina RedNeck
    • YardCrap
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2010, 10:32:34 PM »
I don't drink beer..... ::) I consume it!!!  :P

Wayne - before Christmas I will have bottled the best wine ever made in the South East -
We should meet in a Wendy's parking lot for a burger, onion rings and wine from a Mason jar -
Just tell me where and when. 

Offline GWH

• FNG !!!
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2013, 08:25:26 PM »
I missed out on the celebration this year. Anyone know of a distributor that have any left?