Author Topic: MAX vs. SID vs. Dryer  (Read 4680 times)

Offline MasterBlaster

• Administrator
    • Vintage HiFi of Pittsburgh
MAX vs. SID vs. Dryer
« on: January 04, 2010, 11:19:34 AM »
Pretty cool video. That Dryer has taken a beating over the years ;)

HT: Audiocontrol Maestro M3, Sunfire 5*200,  Tannoy Mercury MX , SVS PB-12 Sub

Head-Fi: FUBAR IV Plus DAC, Grado SR225

Living Room: Dynaco ST-70 (R&R work done by NATOE), Dynaco PAS Preamp, Jamo C607 towers, MCS 6710 Turntable

Offline mikey813

• Audio Connoisseur
Re: MAX vs. SID vs. Dryer
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 11:28:55 AM »
That is awesome. I wonder if it still works? my guess is probably not. ;D
True Image CM-2500, Terra Song SS-1, Denon       DCD-1520, Sony CA8es, Kef K140, Definitive Technology DR-7
youtube-
http://www.youtube.com/user/Callof813

Offline OCCD

• Woof
  • Ready For Intervention!
  • glub glub glub
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 12:47:39 PM »
That is awesome!
Do you want ants? Because THAT'S HOW YOU GET ANTS!

Offline thuffman03

• Zen Master
  • CarverFest Evictee
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010, 02:01:18 PM »
That is really cool!
Got Carver?

Offline Falcon

• Polk Killer
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2010, 02:18:38 PM »
Very cool :o

Offline Colinbgood

• Canadian Prick!!!
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2010, 06:05:36 PM »
Thats cool!
Need more Carver! Comming soon a pair of silver 7t's!

Offline Kingman

• Southern Commander
  • OCCD...I GOT IT BADD!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2010, 06:38:38 PM »
Dryer loses!!!   :P 8) :P
IN REALITY IT ONLY MATTERS WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE TO YOU!!!!!

Offline thuffman03

• Zen Master
  • CarverFest Evictee
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2010, 06:56:38 PM »

Don't think it really matters any more Mikey....Sid can buy his parents as many dryers as they need now. :)
Got Carver?

BB3

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2010, 07:03:36 PM »

Don't think it really matters any more Mikey....Sid can buy his parents as many dryers as they need now. :)

That's For Damn Sure. :-X---BILL

Offline gdv

• Audio Connoisseur
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2010, 12:08:48 PM »
Disappointed that Sid missed one! ;)

I played hockey in my mom's basement too, but NOT like THAT!!!
Amazing!!!
5 out of 4 people have trouble with fractions...

Offline paden501

• Audio Geek!
  • Nobody Home
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2010, 12:24:10 PM »
That just made my day.

~Matt
--- My System ---
Front L/R: Polk Audio SDA-1C w/ Modified xovers
Amp: Carver TFM-24
CD: Jolida JD100a
HTR/Pre: B&K Reference 20
Turntable:Pioneer PL-516 W/ Shure M97xe
Surrounds -Polk Audio Monitor 4As

Offline MasterBlaster

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2010, 12:04:07 PM »
Turns out that the commercial was not filmed in the basement of Sid's childhood home.
It was a reproduction in a house here in Pittsburgh!

Here's the posting from Max Talbot on a Canadian web site RDS,
and a link to the original article fed through google translate: RDS Article
Quote from: Max Tabot
Getting back on the road to victory

Before I tell you about my new Reebok advertisement, I must address the subject of our five-game losing streak.

To be honest with you, I am unable to point to any one aspect of our game to explain our recent results.  In fact, I would say rather that we are at midseason and have to play several games in not many nights.  You mustn’t forget that we haven’t played only bad games during this rather fruitless stretch.  For example, we could have beaten the Maple Leafs, then we lost to the Sabres after holding the lead, and we played well against the Devils.  On the other hand, it was less conclusive against the Lightning and Panthers.

Obviously, it is not easy to remain consistent through a season of 82 games and going through some highs and lows cannot be avoided.  The important thing is to find a way to bounce back.

Evgeni Malkin did not hesitate to point the finger at himself, and I’m not too surprised to see him do that.  Unfortunately, he is not contributing as much as he would like to the score sheet, so he’s putting pressure on himself.  Geno is a winner; he wants to be one of the best players in the NHL and help our team to win.  It bothers him when he’s not producing a lot, because he is a winner and that is how we are going to pull through.

I have often mentioned him in my previous posts, but we form such a tight group in the Penguins that we don’t panic, and we still find ways to have a good time during practice.

We are trying to get better every day, but it isn’t easy with the compressed schedule due to the Olympics.  In this situation, we aren’t able to have as many practices, and it’s harder to work on details that need to be corrected.  But be assured, nobody is pointing any fingers and the atmosphere within the team remains good.

I must admit that our power play has not had a lot of success this season, and we are trying to rectify that whole thing.  That said, it is really the details that we haven’t been executing correctly for the last few matches.

One more commercial on my record!

I don’t know if you have seen the new Reebok commercial that I’m in along with Sidney Crosby.  I invite you to take a look at it.

First, I found the concept very interesting.  We didn’t have any script to follow, it was just Sidney and me playing around in the basement of a house.  It was not the real basement of Sidney’s house in Cole Harbour.  The people in charge of the project created a pretty good reproduction of the original in a house in Pittsburgh; Sidney was impressed  that the result was very similar.

We played around shooting pucks into a dryer, and it was a lot of fun.  I think that people liked the end result.  We had our little competition to carry out and no one said, "you shouldn’t say that…"  The object was just to have a good time.

I imagine that you noticed it, but the budget was a bit bigger than for my automobile ads

I was happy to see my family again

During the holidays, I was able to return to Montreal for two days and I took advantage of it to see the families on both my mother’s and father’s sides.  That did me a lot of good, as it’s always nice to see them and to get my mind off things by going back to Montreal.

We have gotten back to action very quickly to face the very full calendar that awaits us.  Does this challenge worry me?  I would say yes and no.  Obviously, it’s not easy for our bodies.  We have, after all, played 41 games [already] before January 1st, and we have even less time to play the other half of the season.  But it is our job as hockey players and we love that, so I will never complain about playing matches.

Moreover, all the teams have to make do with this situation.  On the Penguins, we continue to fight and try to play our best.

On that note, I wish you a very happy 2010!

HT: Audiocontrol Maestro M3, Sunfire 5*200,  Tannoy Mercury MX , SVS PB-12 Sub

Head-Fi: FUBAR IV Plus DAC, Grado SR225

Living Room: Dynaco ST-70 (R&R work done by NATOE), Dynaco PAS Preamp, Jamo C607 towers, MCS 6710 Turntable