Author Topic: WTB: Woofers for Baby Advent  (Read 3107 times)

Offline F1nut

• Ball Buster
WTB: Woofers for Baby Advent
« on: May 27, 2014, 11:43:54 PM »
I'm looking for 2 original woofers for the original Baby Advent model A1002, sometimes called the Baby I. Either working with good foam or in need of refoaming.
  'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Offline ESM

• Double Secret Probation!
Re: WTB: Woofers for Baby Advent
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 09:48:38 AM »

Offline F1nut

• Ball Buster
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 01:05:01 PM »
Thank you, sir. I should have posted back that I found some.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Offline ESM

• Double Secret Probation!
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2014, 06:15:58 PM »
Dude... Baby Advent Stacks !!!!! >:D >:D >:D

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

• Ready For Intervention!
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2014, 11:39:47 PM »
Twin babies. :laugh:

Offline F1nut

• Ball Buster
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2014, 03:08:39 AM »
Dude... Baby Advent Stacks !!!!! >:D >:D >:D

LOL.....

Eh, they are not all that, but I made them better. These are ones my father had years ago that I've restored/modded for a little guest bedroom rig. All I needed was the woofers as the originals had the dreaded foam rot and got misplaced. I was able to find some newly refoamed for a good price.

I replaced the spring binding posts with gold 5 ways. I've upgraded the single cap to a Clarity and the single resistor to Mills, then mounted them and the stock inductors to a new FR4 board, all point to point wiring. I also replaced all the internal 22 gauge wiring with 16 gauge. I replaced the stock grill cloth (kinda baby shit brown) with real black and refinished the wood end caps to a rich rosewood color. I also added some internal bracing as there was none and added a little bit of damping material to the back wall while retaining the original fiberglass. They sound MUCH better now.