Author Topic: OK Here Are Some Others......  (Read 9884 times)

BB3

OK Here Are Some Others......
« on: November 23, 2009, 04:50:52 PM »
Pink Floyd-----Pulse = Simply Awesome. You Can Purchase This Now At BestBuy For Only $15.00.(Run Don't Walk, Or I Should Say, DRIVE FAST)

David Gilmour-----Live In Gdansk = Pure Listening Bliss.

James Taylor-----1st. Ever Live Performance Recording. = I'm Speechless. This is a Double CD that came out in 1993 recorded by Sony using their Super Bit Mapping Process and the recording is nothing short of breathtaking. May be a little harder to find, but I've seen these still in stock at local Borders Stores(North and South Hills Locations, as well as Monroeville. Do not settle until you find this one only.Period.

OK, Here are 2 more from MTV Productions. #1.) Maxwell and #2.) Alicia Keys. Its flat out scarey how good these CD's sound. Not only are the performances by the artists spectacular, but whoever was responsible for mastering at MTV Productions wasn't being paid enough money. The recordings are that good and may just bring  tears to your eyes. No Joke.

These are just a few. I know of tons more, so I'll keep everyone posted.

Happy Listening My Friends.---------------BILL

Offline OCCD

• Woof
  • Ready For Intervention!
  • glub glub glub
    • Vintage HiFi of Pittsburgh
Re: OK Here Are Some Others......
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 10:22:33 PM »
David Gilmour-----Live In Gdansk  Just scored the 5 disc set. I also have a vinyl teaser.  Remarkable!
Do you want ants? Because THAT'S HOW YOU GET ANTS!

BB3

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 11:35:57 AM »
That's Too Awesome Tom. Better Still.....You Sure Have Some Great Turntables To Really Show It Off.

I Would Love To Hear It Some Time, What Do You Say Tom ?----BILL

BB3

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2009, 05:12:31 PM »
Ok Here Are Some More, Gents.....

Pretty Much All Recordings From The Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab. ftp://www.mofi.com

Some Of My Favorites From Them Are As Follows.....

1. Pink Floyd : The Wall(out of print,soplease search), Dark Side Of The Moon(still available on CD,SACD,and 180gram Vinyl) Meddle(out of print,so please search)

2. Elton John : Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, Honkey Chateau, Madman Across The Water.( All Available)

3. Supertramp : Crime Of The Century and Breakfast In America(both out of print,so please search)

4. Santana : Abraxas and the self titled Santana(still available on CD,SACD,and 180gram Vinyl)

5. Blind Faith : self titled Blind Faith(out of print,so please search)

6. The Police : Synchronicity(out of print,so please search)

7. Steely Dan : AJA(still available) and Gaucho(out of print,so please search)

8. Eric Clapton : 461 Ocean Blvd. and Slowhand(out of print,so please search)

9. Nirvana : Nevermind(out of print,so please search)

10. Guns N' Roses : Appetite For Destruction and Use Your Illusion 1 & 2(out of print,so please search)

Even though there are quite of few out of print guys, the recordings and mastering of these CD's are spectacular and definitely worth trying to find.
Heck...You may just find some current offerings that will satisfy you as well.-------BILL

BB3

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2009, 06:50:04 PM »
Also, In Case You Guys Didn't Know.......If You Get A Chance, Check Out : www.musicdirect.com

Their "AudioPhile" Collection Of CD,SACD, and Vinyl Is Off The Charts. Best Selection I've Seen In A Long Time.

Also, Do Yourselves A Favor And Order Their Catalog. It's Fantastic.-----

P.S.----I Don't Know About You Guy's, But I Sure Miss Record Rama.....Especially When It Was Upstairs At The Post Office Building On McKnight Road. :( Damn I Loved Going There.

All The Best Gents.-----BILL

Offline paden501

• Audio Geek!
  • Nobody Home
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2009, 08:50:57 AM »
You guys can call me a sci-fi geek if you want, but:

Star Wars / Original Soundtrack on vinyl

If you get ahold of a clean copy of this two LP soundtrack, it's telling.  You know that you're system's got it going on if you feel like you're standing in front of the London Symphony Orchestra in your living room.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 08:53:29 AM by paden501 »
~Matt
--- My System ---
Front L/R: Polk Audio SDA-1C w/ Modified xovers
Amp: Carver TFM-24
CD: Jolida JD100a
HTR/Pre: B&K Reference 20
Turntable:Pioneer PL-516 W/ Shure M97xe
Surrounds -Polk Audio Monitor 4As

Offline Falcon

• Polk Killer
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2009, 11:50:22 AM »
Donald Fagen, Kamakiriad
 A little different, but a excellent recording.

BB3

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2009, 06:20:00 PM »
Donald Fagen, Kamakiriad
 A little different, but a excellent recording.

You're right falcon, I've heard the same thing. Why I haven't pulled the trigger on it is beyond me ???.....BILL

Offline memememe

• FNG !!!
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2009, 08:24:51 AM »
 Wow I think I may be in the right music era. A lot of pleasent memories in the titles listed here.
                Thanks
                          Me

BB3

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2009, 01:10:20 PM »
Ok Guys, Here Is Another Must Have..........

Sarah McLachlan : Surfacing. This is an "enhanced cd" and the results are simply spectacular.

It's one of those cd's that you buy where every song is just top notch. Just put it in and press play.

I was just listening to her the other day, and besides her sultry voice, you won't believe what clean,tight and accurate bass frequencies are on this cd. Just Outstanding.

Happy Listening Gents.-----------BILL(BB3)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 06:15:54 PM by BB3 »

Offline icravcarver

• Double Secret Probation!
  • Vinyl is better than ever!!!!
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2010, 09:26:03 PM »
Bill - 7. Steely Dan : AJA(still available) and Gaucho(out of print,so please search)

I just scored an excellent copy of this on vinyl at a local flea market for $2.00.  Sounds frickin' phenomenal.  Can't wait for the TFM to get back here.  Also scored Springsteen "The River" and Steve Winwood "Back in the High Life" - again for $2.00 each.  Gotta love them thrift stores/flea markets.

MAIN SYSTEM:Carver TFM-55, Carver C-16, Carver S/DA-490t, Carver TD-1770, BSR-EQ3000, Philips AF-677, Auvio HD Radio Tuner, Polk SDA-1C's
Man Cave: HR-772, Technics SL-P220, Polk Monitor 12 Series 2
Bedroom: Cheap ass Teac Receiver, Klipsch Heresy II's
Porch: Kenwood KR-820 Receiver, Optimus STS 100

BB3

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2010, 11:32:52 AM »
Bill - 7. Steely Dan : AJA(still available) and Gaucho(out of print,so please search)

I just scored an excellent copy of this on vinyl at a local flea market for $2.00.  Sounds frickin' phenomenal.  Can't wait for the TFM to get back here.  Also scored Springsteen "The River" and Steve Winwood "Back in the High Life" - again for $2.00 each.  Gotta love them thrift stores/flea markets.

Neil,  that's amazing. Wow, great finds Sir.  8)----BILL

Offline Slim-Shaddy

• CARVER KILLER!!!
  • Tubes are for boobs
    • This is Bullshit
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2010, 05:40:24 PM »
Ben Harper - Both sides of the gun.
Very nice sounding album. Doesn't have that over produced, overly compressed sound. I guess you could say it sounds analog. Very open and smooth sounding with great acoustic bass and guitar, solid drums and Ben's always smooth vocals.
I am confident that an SL-1200 is capable of outperforming turntables of much higher expense with minor modification.

Offline Slim-Shaddy

• CARVER KILLER!!!
  • Tubes are for boobs
    • This is Bullshit
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2010, 05:52:20 PM »

Nice score. I just picked up a NM copy of AJA and an EX copy of Houses of the holy at half price books in Monroeville for $12.
I am confident that an SL-1200 is capable of outperforming turntables of much higher expense with minor modification.

BB3

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2010, 06:55:19 PM »
^^^^^
Amazing Ed. Congrats On Picking Those Up And How About The Prices.....WOW! :o 8)

Happy Listening Sir.------BILL(BB3)