Author Topic: New guy from Ohio  (Read 2685 times)

Offline vf1000ride

• FNG !!!
New guy from Ohio
« on: July 23, 2014, 08:48:19 PM »
Joined the forum to ask and see if the repair shop is still in business?  They have had a Sunfire plate amp of mine since Feb of 2013.  They have never answered my emails and have never called back from voicemails I left them in the past.  I had been in contact every other month or 3 but when I called this month there is less contact then ever before.  So far this month their phones ring with no answer and the voicemail is full.  Anybody from the forum able to help me get in contact with an employee to find out the status of my gear?

Offline schwarcw

• Ready For Intervention!
  • No one here gets out alive!
Re: New guy from Ohio
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 09:16:14 PM »
Sorry to hear that you are experiencing a delay.  The shop just moved.  They are very much in business but the move into the new space is going to take some time.

Regards,
Carl

Offline MasterBlaster

• Administrator
    • Vintage HiFi of Pittsburgh
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 09:19:33 PM »
Yes, it is still in business.
The shop recently moved and Tom, the owner has been spending every waking moment remodeling so that he can get the operation going again. There is very little time to answer phones or email because he's focused on getting the construction completed.

HT: Audiocontrol Maestro M3, Sunfire 5*200,  Tannoy Mercury MX , SVS PB-12 Sub

Head-Fi: FUBAR IV Plus DAC, Grado SR225

Living Room: Dynaco ST-70 (R&R work done by NATOE), Dynaco PAS Preamp, Jamo C607 towers, MCS 6710 Turntable

Offline vf1000ride

• FNG !!!
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 12:20:54 AM »
I feel bad to start my first forum posts off in such a negative manner but I'm sure you guys can understand at least a little bit of my dilemma.  In all the time they have had my equipment they have not been able to tell when if ever they would be able to fix the amp.   It's hard to choke down the feeling of dread when a shop that has had your equipment for 17 months now stops communicating with it's customer.  I can certainly understand the resent communications problems if they are still in the process of moving the shop but can't they do a guy the common courtesy of replying to an email or voicemail and explain the situation?  I can guarantee it takes less time to apologize in a mass email than it takes to make a PBJ sandwich.

Offline MasterBlaster

• Administrator
    • Vintage HiFi of Pittsburgh
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2014, 10:51:48 PM »
I've been thinking about the situation myself for some time myself. Your post helped convince me to set things in motion myself for Tom.

You can read about the situation here:
http://vintagehifipgh.com/forum/index.php?topic=2974.msg28527;topicseen#msg28527

If also commandeered his social network accounts and cross posted on Facebook and g+ to try and get the word out. Culling his inbox may be a challenge to send out a mass email though. He gets quite a bit. I tried to send a notification email to all forum members and it seemed like the web host may have nuked it because the site went offline for a few minutes. (Don't think I'll try that again)
HT: Audiocontrol Maestro M3, Sunfire 5*200,  Tannoy Mercury MX , SVS PB-12 Sub

Head-Fi: FUBAR IV Plus DAC, Grado SR225

Living Room: Dynaco ST-70 (R&R work done by NATOE), Dynaco PAS Preamp, Jamo C607 towers, MCS 6710 Turntable

Offline vf1000ride

• FNG !!!
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2014, 10:36:06 AM »
Thank you for posting that link.  It helps with the understanding of whats going on.  I'll give it another month or two and watch for updates around here to see how things are progressing.