Author Topic: An open letter to STaL  (Read 3000 times)

Offline papabearjew

• Musicholic, Instigator
  • Ready For Intervention!
An open letter to STaL
« on: November 21, 2014, 11:17:31 PM »
I owe  Mark a huge apology. I was going to send a private message but I felt that wasn't good enough. A thread that has since been removed went south with me being the instigator.  It certainly wasn't intentional, but none the less it got ugly and I take full responsibility. Mark is a good guy. He gives away systems to get the newbies started. In fact Mark introduced me to FM HD by lending me a pocket size device to check it out. I ended up buying a tuner, a portable radio, and a pocket size radio that all receive FM HD. I listen to  classical broadcasts and a jazz broadcast on them. He also loaned me his Grado cans for an extended listen. As I'm laying in bed typing this I'm listening to music on a pair of Advent Minis Mark hooked me up with for our bedroom. .
In short Mark I am truly sorry
Brad

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

Re: An open letter to STaL
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 11:14:26 PM »
Brad, thank you so very much for saying all of this.   I don't know why I didn't see it, it didn't show up on the new posts list for some reason, but Al messaged me to let me know this post was here.   

Listen, there are plenty of apologies to go around.   I apologize to you for being so thin skinned and not just rolling with it.   I had no business to talk to you in the manner that I did.

While we are putting things out publicly because PMs are inadequate to cover the situation, let me also say that I was very impressed with how Steve handled the whole thing.   I'm sure there was a big part of his instinct that just wanted to put my lights out, but he was extremely rational and able to at once defend you (I am embarrassed that I would require being defended against) and to discuss the whole thing in a very rational and reasonable manner.   I know you are very proud and you have reason to be.   I appreciate his level headedness when it would have been so easy to go off the deep end (like I did).

Offline schwarcw

• No one here gets out alive!
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 11:42:44 PM »
I know both of you are good people and I was surprised and disappointed to see two friends like you two are to going into an internet Forum spat.  Glad to see the apologies from both of you.  It's a Forum family and disagreements like this will happen.  Good to see you both move past it.

Guitar amps anyone?
Carl

Offline F1nut

• Ball Buster
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 03:12:29 AM »
Can I book you two a room?

J/K......glad ya'll made up. Class acts all around.
  'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Offline Kingman

• Southern Commander
  • OCCD...I GOT IT BADD!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 08:05:08 AM »
Group hug... ;)
IN REALITY IT ONLY MATTERS WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE TO YOU!!!!!

bmwr75

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2014, 11:17:35 AM »
Damn, I must have missed the dust up.   ;)

OldiesButGoodies

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2014, 03:02:53 PM »
Great to see you write this PBJ.  None of us are perfect (some of us less so than others, wink),  but I happen to know both of you fairly well (as well as you can know someone in this forum, short of bunking in the same cabin at Carverfest) and you are both great people.  Great to have the bad energy deleted. 

:(|)

OBG