Author Topic: Studer vs. Otari  (Read 11253 times)

OldiesButGoodies

Re: Studer vs. Otari
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2014, 05:53:14 PM »
You lying piece of turd - you listened to the tape on my Otari through your cans and we had to wipe the drool off the floor. 

The Tandberg is in a different time zone!  We could invite you over to the next one -just need to coordinate to make it happen.  I warn you in advance that there is a high probability that the Revox may quit Tonya-Harding-style and weasel out based on some technical issue. Of course, the promoter will then sell you a line about "how awesome it would play if it were playing, how angels come down from the heavens when the german tape deck is online...".   I can guarantee you recording is not in the cards,  that machine only plays what others recorded so far as I know.  "But once back in 2011 it recorded a few minutes of Pink Floyd and it was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G..."   Sure...

OBG

Offline Reverend

• Ready For Intervention!
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2014, 06:11:09 PM »

Offline papabearjew

• Musicholic, Instigator
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2014, 06:36:27 PM »
Looks like we may need a referee. Play nice boys

Offline MacGeek

« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2014, 06:56:38 PM »
None of this matters.  These are all great machines and the arguments are over incremental differences in performance (and maybe taste).  The best part is watching them work, having a few beers, getting together with a few friends and listening to some good tunes.
Mac stuff, Sony HDR-F1HD AM/FM/HD tuner, Denon DRS 810 cassette, Denon CDR-W1500 CD recorder, Music Hall MMF-9 w/B&O MMC2, B & O 4002 w/B & O 20 CL, Revox A-77

Offline schwarcw

• No one here gets out alive!
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2014, 08:06:18 PM »
They need some more beer!  >:D
Carl

Offline Reverend

« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2014, 08:09:38 PM »
It's all in good fun.

bearjew

« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2014, 09:33:31 PM »
hate to change the subject, but what was that turd on the turntable?  I can't seem to bring my focus away from that...

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2014, 09:54:27 PM »
It's not an unreasonable question.

OldiesButGoodies

« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2014, 11:42:03 PM »
The turd is in honor of the best private hi-def music streaming service there is*

OBG

*Not accessible from work at companies that care about security.  *Very* easy to access from any  Sony Inc. corporate office location.

OldiesButGoodies

« Reply #39 on: December 25, 2014, 01:20:17 PM »
Just removed 20 feet of mangled Maxell UD tape from the Revox incident. This is what german engineering did to Patty Barber right in the middle 'Laura' - "And you see Laura  $%$W@#*(UPkkk....."  Maybe next time I will bring a tape of Bryan Adams recorded on Realistic low-noise 3600,  that way I can limit the losses...    :( >:D :laugh:

Untitled by JSifontes, on Flickr

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

« Reply #40 on: December 25, 2014, 01:33:21 PM »
I friggin' hate when that happens!  >:(

bearjew

« Reply #41 on: December 25, 2014, 03:16:01 PM »
*Not accessible from work at companies that care about security.  *Very* easy to access from any  Sony Inc. corporate office location.

Haha well played.  The IT guys where I work still don't realize that I can stream like everything but Spotify.  It works out well now though since I have tidal.

OldiesButGoodies

« Reply #42 on: December 25, 2014, 04:06:44 PM »
So you and PBJ thing Tidal is worth it? It is basically CD quality.  ???

bearjew

« Reply #43 on: December 26, 2014, 07:01:28 AM »
So you and PBJ thing Tidal is worth it? It is basically CD quality.  ???

Yeah, it's definitely worth it.  I mean, how often do you buy records and tapes and whatnot?  You're technically getting a lot for your money as long as you use it.  Listen to two or three albums on it and it's paid for for the month.  I use it every day, as does PBJ (especially now that he has a nice DAC instead of using his phone).