Author Topic: WTB: Sanus Ultimate Foundations UF30 Speaker Stands  (Read 7353 times)

Offline F1nut

• Ball Buster
WTB: Sanus Ultimate Foundations UF30 Speaker Stands
« on: February 12, 2015, 05:15:34 PM »
Looking for a pair of 30" Sanus Ultimate Foundations UF30 speaker stands in excellent condition.
  'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Offline Kingman

• Southern Commander
  • OCCD...I GOT IT BADD!!!!!!!!!
Re: WTB: Sanus Ultimate Foundations UF30 Speaker Stands
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 08:39:14 PM »
What speakers you going to mount Jesse?
IN REALITY IT ONLY MATTERS WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE TO YOU!!!!!

Offline F1nut

• Ball Buster
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2015, 08:51:19 PM »
Thank you bmwr75, I'll call them tomorrow during their business hours to confirm they actually have them. I found a place yesterday that listed the stands, but when I called them they said, oops sorry we don't have any.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Offline F1nut

• Ball Buster
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2015, 08:56:31 PM »
What speakers you going to mount Jesse?

Well Wayne, that's not going to happen as the port hole isn't big enough.  :laugh:

Serious answer......I've got a pair of those Andrew Jones Pioneer bookies I just finished modding the heck out of and need some taller stands than I have them on now.

Offline Kingman

• Southern Commander
  • OCCD...I GOT IT BADD!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2015, 07:06:52 AM »
Well Wayne, that's not going to happen as the port hole isn't big enough.  :laugh:
I always suspected that your love for speakers was more than just a fascination... :laugh:
Serious answer......I've got a pair of those Andrew Jones Pioneer bookies I just finished modding the heck out of and need some taller stands than I have them on now.
I've got a pair of those also and they sound pretty terrific stock. I can imagine what a hot rodded pair sound like. A friend gave me a pair of Sanus BF24-B1 basic stands at 24 inches tall. Do you think these are too short to maximize the placement of the speakers? I haven't taken them out of the box yet. Did you do the crossover upgrade that a couple of people have suggested?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 07:10:32 AM by Kingman »
IN REALITY IT ONLY MATTERS WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE TO YOU!!!!!

Offline F1nut

• Ball Buster
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2015, 11:57:33 AM »
I got the same story from Vive Decor, sorry we don't have them anymore.

The search continues!

Offline F1nut

• Ball Buster
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2015, 12:03:51 PM »
The mod is the one Dennis Murphy came up with, but I took it a bit further. The improvement is not subtle.

Those stands would put the tweeter around 30", which I think isn't high enough.

Offline vstarkwell

• Double Secret Probation!
  • Bass!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2015, 01:49:25 PM »
Hi F1Nut,

I have some pretty nice Target UK speakers stands that I believe are 30", I don't know if they are comparable to what you listed but they are solid, well built with spikes and collecting dust. If you'd like I could post pics tomorrow. I'm pretty sure Carl's has seen them and if he reads this thread maybe he could discern if mine would work for you.

Offline F1nut

• Ball Buster
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2015, 06:11:12 PM »
Thanks, sent you a PM.

Offline vstarkwell

• Double Secret Probation!
  • Bass!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2015, 06:27:35 PM »
Thanks, sent you a PM.

Just replied.

Offline F1nut

• Ball Buster
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2015, 02:01:50 AM »
Still looking.

Offline tinpan

• Audio Geek!
    • VA Gold
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2015, 08:23:40 AM »
Sound Anchors has 28 inch tall stands as a standard size. I'm pretty sure they will quote you a 30 inch size

http://www.osageaudio.com/Sound_Anchors.html
Tinpan

If you can read this message, thank a teacher.
If you are reading it in english, thank a veteran

Offline schwarcw

• Ready For Intervention!
  • No one here gets out alive!
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2015, 12:19:50 PM »
I think Jesse is going to like this option.  Custom sizing is a nice feature of this product.
Carl

Offline F1nut

• Ball Buster
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2015, 07:23:46 PM »
Thanks guys, I'm aware of Sound Anchors and they get good reviews, but I can't get past their appearance.

As I was discussing with Ian, I've found the English and Germans have a much greater selection of nice looking high quality stands than we do here. IMO, the Sanus Ultimates may have been the best looking and performing stands in America. I'm at a loss as to why they stopped making them.

Look at all of these from Germany, http://www.liedtke-metalldesign.eu/epages/64011114.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/64011114/Categories/%22Liedtke-Metalldesign%20Lautsprecherst%C3%A4nder%22

Some from England here,
http://www.analogueseduction.net/speaker-stands.html
http://www.trackaudio.co.uk/precision/precision.html
http://www.customdesign.co.uk/
http://www.norstone-design.com/en/category/11_Speaker-stands.html