Author Topic: Surgery Scheduled  (Read 8681 times)

OldiesButGoodies

Re: Surgery Scheduled
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2015, 01:30:24 PM »
(feedback is discouraged, if you don't like my choices you need to work on that)

Kind of like the vinyl I find for you!

Hey STAL - when I visited PBJ last week he gave me a bunch of RTR tapes - including some RCA Red Seal tapes.  They have a bunch of classical and orchestra music recorded at 3.5" ips - so shitty HF response; I am tempted to erase one and see how good they record  (I can do this as my decks do record - unlike the certain Revox decks owned by people that shall remain unnamed).

Guess I am a Red Seal recordings fan.

::)

Pepe

bearjew

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2015, 07:50:17 PM »
Don't want to get too technical,  but you forgot to capitalize God - The Old Man is very particular about that.   I have faith that the surgery will go fine and you will be better off as a result.     And I am glad you have Spotify or Tidal but unclear as to why you maintain both.   As your Mexican financial advisor, I recommend you simplify your supplier base and reduce music subscription expense in half.  Or, you may want to dump both and subscribe to Pepe's "cassette-of-the-month" club.  You get one 90 minute normal-bias cassette by mail the second week of ea mth, magnetized with a mix of Latin music of my choice (feedback is discouraged, if you don't like my choices you need to work on that),  properly recorded in a calibrated deck using Dolby B,  all for $50 a month.  The premium subscription upgrades you to a type II TDK cassette recorded with Dolby C and HX Pro for $75/mth.   What a deal!  Either option is as logical as having both Tidal and Spotify. Did I drive that point home?

PBJ's new setup with the Amazing Silvers sounds great BTW - much better than the old Mac speakers IMO.

Happy snow shoveling!!

OBG

I can't really get my head around this one...  OBG, do you really think a jew is going to take financial advice from a mexican?  Also, he has Spotify as his backup when I'm using Tidal.  We mix and match based on who is using what.

bearjew

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2015, 07:52:21 PM »
Hey STAL - when I visited PBJ last week he gave me a bunch of RTR tapes - including some RCA Red Seal tapes.  They have a bunch of classical and orchestra music recorded at 3.5" ips - so shitty HF response; I am tempted to erase one and see how good they record  (I can do this as my decks do record - unlike the certain Revox decks owned by people that shall remain unnamed).

Pepe

He's not even hear to defend himself!  That's low!  Like...low-rider low!  >:D

Offline papabearjew

• Musicholic, Instigator
  • Ready For Intervention!
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2015, 08:20:03 PM »

OT - Pepe, The cassette of the month was very funny!!!   ;D

respectfully,
George

Ya mean he was kidding? 

Offline papabearjew

• Musicholic, Instigator
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2015, 08:49:10 PM »
Thanks for straightening OBG out BJ

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2015, 08:49:50 PM »
(feedback is discouraged, if you don't like my choices you need to work on that)

Kind of like the vinyl I find for you!

Pepe

Better yet, spool the old tape to a spare then spool some really good blank tape on there, then record the vinyl.   Or even better I can declick the vinyl and send you the 24/96 file to record on to your good tape on the factory reel.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 08:52:26 PM by Sir Thrift-a-Lot »

OldiesButGoodies

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2015, 09:43:34 PM »
The program is $50/mth IF users return the original tape every other month. Otherwise a Mexican cassette core charge applies of $15/unreturned-cassette.

This daddy-son gig they got going to share Tidal and Spotify was not foreseen by my analysts.  We think each account should go to a separate cost center.

Summing up: junior needs to get his own Tidal account,  or subscribe to Pepe's Cassette-of-the-Month club.  Cut the umbilical!

OBG

Offline schwarcw

• No one here gets out alive!
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2015, 10:03:22 PM »
Good luck Brad!  I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!
Carl

Offline ataudio

• Double Secret Probation!
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2015, 04:34:15 AM »
Best wishes and a speedy recovery.  Stay strong.

Offline papabearjew

• Musicholic, Instigator
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2015, 09:05:17 PM »
Thanks for all the well wishes everyone!  It means a lot. Hopefully 7-10 days and I'll be home. Last time I had surgery I was in hospital for 2 weeks and a skilled nursing home for a month. If that happens again I expect you guys to set up a decent hifi in my room for me!  Unfortunately the nurses are rarely much to look at. Would it be inappropriate to request only hot female nurses?  I need constant entertainment once I'm not sleeping all the time

Offline Mongojustpawn

• Double Secret Probation!
  • Mongo Like Choo-Choo!
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2015, 09:59:45 PM »
PBJ, sorry, can't help you with the gear, as for the  hot nurses, never hurts to ask, surely be good for your morale and encourage visitation.
Welcome Back My Friends, To The Show That Never Ends

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2015, 10:01:37 PM »
Most nurses aren't really all that pretty.   If you ever have a stroke, most speech therapists are really hot.   I don't know why, but it has always been the case in any of the facilities I go to.   Look around, pick out the prettiest girl and I'll lay 5 to 1 she is a speech therapist.

Of you don't have a stroke, I suppose you could tell them you are getting food stuck in your throat and see if they send one up.