Author Topic: New cans  (Read 6494 times)

Offline papabearjew

• Musicholic, Instigator
  • Ready For Intervention!
New cans
« on: April 19, 2015, 11:55:35 PM »
I had posted on here that I was looking for cans with sound at least close to my Sennheiser HD650 but with closed back for isolation from ambient sounds (wife, tv, etc) and velour ear cushions like the HD650. I was considering Beyerdynamic DT770-pro-250ohm. Treos loaned me his for a couple weeks and I really enjoyed them. A different sound than my HD650, but still enjoyable and much better isolation. I bought a pair on eBay from a very reputable seller that are in excellent condition including new ear cushions. I'm really enjoying them.   Thanks Treos!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 12:03:02 AM by papabearjew »

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

Re: New cans
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 07:46:47 AM »
Cool!

OldiesButGoodies

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 01:48:56 PM »
I gave my AKGs to my daughter and procured a pair of Audio Technica AT-M50x. Love them. Wear them all day at work.

Glad to hear you like the Beyerdynamics - may pop by for a listen one of these weekends!

OBG

Offline papabearjew

• Musicholic, Instigator
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 07:01:20 PM »
Thanks STaL.

OBG. I bought a pair of AKG 272HD as they are closed back and have velour earpads (a necessity for me) but they did little for noise isolation. I gave them to bbj (brother bj...bj's brother) and he is quite happy with them.

Anybody is welcome to stop in anytime (if I don't know you I'm armed and don't miss!)

OldiesButGoodies

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2015, 05:11:58 PM »
He is armed to the hilt,  but I have never seen him shoot so all that lead may be for naught.  For all I know PBJ may have bad-aim syndrome.  >:D

All this talk about velour pads is a puzzle to me,  but maybe I need to try them before critiquing.  The soft vinyl (or leather - not sure - maybe pleather) pads on the AT-M50x are excellent for me.  What matters more to me is the cushioning density behind the pads, and AT got it right IMO.   

bmwr75

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2015, 09:13:24 PM »
The velour pads on BeyerDynamic cans is amazingly comfortable to me.  Same for some AKG cans, like the 702.

Offline papabearjew

• Musicholic, Instigator
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2015, 11:34:28 PM »
Due to my circumstances I probably listen with cans for longer periods than most others. Pleather/vinyl makes my ears and surrounding area sweat too much. My Sennheiser HD650 also uses velour and is also incredibly comfy. Because of their size and being closed I use my Bose >:D TP-1A in bed a lot at night. I even found velour replacement earpads for them. Big improvement in comfort.

Nobody I know that has seen me shoot (including my boys) would want to draw down on me.  Shoot me in the back, maybe, but that's a different story...

bearjew

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2015, 07:56:20 AM »
Nobody I know that has seen me shoot (including my boys) would want to draw down on me.  Shoot me in the back, maybe, but that's a different story...

I'll vouch.  He could shoot a mosquito's dick off from a mile away and leave it's balls unruffled.

Offline papabearjew

• Musicholic, Instigator
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2015, 03:33:25 PM »
BJ sure has a way with words!  I do feel bad for the mosquito though. Balls but no dick!  Oy

OldiesButGoodies

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2015, 02:55:37 PM »

I'll vouch.  He could shoot a mosquito's dick off from a mile away and leave it's balls unruffled.

Wow - poetry in motion.

Offline MacGeek

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2015, 08:42:49 AM »
If you haven't yet seen it, you need to watch Quigley Down Under, with Tom Selleck.  His character in the movie sure can shoot.  And, as in Die Hard, Alan Rickman plays a superb bad guy.
Mac stuff, Sony HDR-F1HD AM/FM/HD tuner, Denon DRS 810 cassette, Denon CDR-W1500 CD recorder, Music Hall MMF-9 w/B&O MMC2, B & O 4002 w/B & O 20 CL, Revox A-77

OldiesButGoodies

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2015, 04:09:20 PM »
Will add it to my movie queue - thanks!