Author Topic: Energy RC-70's good?  (Read 2806 times)

Offline Bathory

• FNG !!!
Energy RC-70's good?
« on: June 02, 2015, 05:39:12 AM »
I heard a pair many years ago, from a local box store, thought sounded good, but they had in a large room with tv's blaring, and other stuff going on around me. Ordered 2 pair under $500/pair shipped. good deal?
I know they are a laid back speaker/ treble is slightly recessed, compared to my pair now, which is VERY much the opposite.
  This will tale some getting used to. heard they have a fairly long break in process, which is the fun part, I will get to listen to music on a daily basis.  what do you guys think about the RC-70's........ metal on \,,/

bmwr75

Re: Energy RC-70's good?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 09:33:36 AM »
Five very positive reviews here:

http://www.audioreview.com/cat/speakers/floorstanding-speakers/energy-speaker-systems/rc-70/prd_341679_1594crx.aspx

It shows the MSRP was $1099 some time in the past.  They can be had a Amazon for $345 each or $690/pair now.  Frys.com has them for $229 each or $460/pair.

Offline Bathory

• FNG !!!
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2015, 05:57:56 PM »
Oh my god are these sweet. Just out of the box their amazing. Such a nice tone, granted I've been high pitched with those Bic dv-84's which are mega bright, but even after hundreds of hours were still pretty bright but more refined.

Energy rc-70's are by far the finest speakers I've ever had. I've had descent ones through out the years. Who said these have no bass, their funking amazing, clarity, just beautiful sound.  Yup, their mine, ALL MINE!!!!!!!!!!  Floods the wall is super, bass tight, and room filling, we have a large room,  pure energy is right.

OldiesButGoodies

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2015, 09:36:23 PM »
Speaking of Energy - I have several Energy 5DR 61046 5.5" woofers and a couple of matching tweeters,  in case someone is up to building an enclosure.  Would trade for good vinyl.

OBG

Offline Bathory

• FNG !!!
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2015, 07:24:57 PM »
It's going to take me a long time to get used to the suppressed sound of the tweeter, from the dv-84 with the Vifa very bright and great sounding tweeter, to this sound, it will take some time.  They truly sound amazing, but different