Author Topic: On Switching from FIOS to Comcast  (Read 15099 times)

Offline MacGeek

• Ready For Intervention!
Re: On Switching from FIOS to Comcast
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2018, 03:46:49 PM »
OBG-Does your set up allow more than one TV access and if so, can each separate set watch a different channel?  I vwery much need more than one TV to operate independently of others.
Mac stuff, Sony HDR-F1HD AM/FM/HD tuner, Denon DRS 810 cassette, Denon CDR-W1500 CD recorder, Music Hall MMF-9 w/B&O MMC2, B & O 4002 w/B & O 20 CL, Revox A-77

OldiesButGoodies

Re: On Switching from FIOS to Comcast
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2018, 06:27:27 PM »
OBG-Does your set up allow more than one TV access and if so, can each separate set watch a different channel?  I vwery much need more than one TV to operate independently of others.

You can have 5 TVs in the house, all connected to your media player of choice (I have two Amazon Firestick, 1 Apple TV 4K, 2 Chromecast).   Depending on the service you get more or less simultaneous live channels.  I am using  DirecTVNOW because they give me a special deal with HBO since I use ATT Unlimited for my cell phone service. I can only have two simultaneous devices running the DTVNOW app and watching live stuff.  But it is not that simple, because in addition to the channels I get in the app,  I can also use other apps and login to them using my DTVNOW password,  so if TVs 1 and 2 are using DTVNOW, TV 3 can be using HBONOW, TV 4 the ABC network app,  and so on (I have not explored all the apps you can access,  only so many hours after work  >:D). The Sony Playvue app gives you 4 or 5 TVs simultaneous, I think (may try that next,  when the 3 month trial of DTVNOW is over).  Hope that helps answer your question, if not please let me know.