Author Topic: Five center channel speakers?  (Read 8352 times)

Offline Jim Pittsburgh

• Audio Connoisseur
Re: Five center channel speakers?
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2015, 11:23:45 AM »
these are what I bought.... might find them cheaper, just picked the first pic I found.  Just a thought, but for the incremental difference these might work better and be more stable.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-Heavy-Duty-Surround-Sound-Bookshelf-Speaker-Wall-Mount-Side-Clamp-Bracket-BGS-/140910284026?hash=item20cee84cfa:g:F8UAAOSws65Tn5Fd

a bunch of nice sounding stuff. Nice that I'm finally able to actually listen to file music for the first time...

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

• Ready For Intervention!
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2015, 01:09:38 PM »
I really like those on your garage, but they only go to 11" wide.   That's my only issue.

Offline Jim Pittsburgh

• Audio Connoisseur
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2015, 09:39:22 AM »
IMHO if bass is a particular concern, I can't see the thumb screw ones providing much of a rigid platform to hold the speaker firmly in place to get the most out of the speakers you choose.  I measured my brackets, and the clamps will go to 11.5". They could be used for 12" as is, but you'd have to put a small screw in the bottom of the speaker. You'd need to get new screws to expand the clamps further than 12", if you needed wider, and you'd have to put one small screw into the bottom of your speaker.Past 11.5" the clamps would hold just fine left/ right but could possibly rotate .. there are small holes in the bottom of the speaker platform for screws. Also note, that my brackets will only orient forward / down about 45 degrees... see the diagram.

The only alternative I see, is to use L brackets top and bottom, but you'd have to put screws into the top and bottom of the speaker....
a bunch of nice sounding stuff. Nice that I'm finally able to actually listen to file music for the first time...

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

• Ready For Intervention!
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2015, 12:40:24 PM »
IMHO if bass is a particular concern, I can't see the thumb screw ones providing much of a rigid platform to hold the speaker firmly in place to get the most out of the speakers you choose.

Agreed.   If I use the speakers and brackets listed, my plan is to remove a woofer and mount the bracket at the rear with T-Nuts on the inside.   My hope is that once I put these up they are my "forever" solution.   I keep the upgrading at the two-channel level.   :)