Author Topic: 5TH Annual Memorial Day Audio Swap Meet, Saturday May 28, 2016  (Read 7443 times)

Offline non-prophet

• Audio Connoisseur
  • Peace among worlds
Ok boys and god willin' some girls on here.  Deja vu, i know i said the last two years those were the last time at my garage, well guess what?  It will be at my garage again this year.  My financial ruin turns into this forum's gain, yea! Bad economy and ATI lockout.  Let's get the word out this year, make it great, because honestly, if it is here next year...  i am locking all of us in the building and putting a match to it. I am already taking steps to prepare the building, so there can be more floor space and parking.  We need some new buyers and sellers to fleece, i am tired of robbing all you guys blind.  Who knows, maybe this year you can take me for something good, maybe.  Maybe, this year Pepe will open his wallet and spend some of that money of his, let's not get too hopeful, at least i do not get a bill for the pictures he takes.  I know there is some people interested in helping, you feel you can contribute, please reply on here or pm me. As always, thank you for looking. Nick
Duntech PCL-400 (Black Knight), KEF 105/3, Snell Type b
Aloia PST 11.1, Terra Song ss-1, Luxman c-1000, Melos MA333
Llano Phoenix CA-300, White Audio Labs A100, (2) Luxman M4000
McIntosh MA230

OldiesButGoodies

Re: 5TH Annual Memorial Day Audio Swap Meet, Saturday May 28, 2016
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2016, 12:32:11 PM »
Will do my best to be there and donate some of my hard earned cash to the Nick anti-bankruptcy fund.  Can't make any promises,  I may be in bankruptcy by then,  the way the world turns.  :-|

Offline schwarcw

• Ready For Intervention!
  • No one here gets out alive!
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2016, 05:52:54 PM »
I am all in!

We will be forming a committee to organize the event.  We need to publicize it and bring in some new sellers.  Maybe we can intice some legitimate business owners like Vince, Jerry, Butch and some others to bring some goodies into the event.  Is a Swap Meet really the right name?  I think we need something more creative.  Ideas and people who want to help with the event are welcome.
Carl

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2016, 07:44:04 PM »
I like Swap Meet, it seems just unprofessional enough that people will come looking for deals.

Shall I make a flyer again?

Offline Jim Pittsburgh

• Audio Connoisseur
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2016, 08:41:24 PM »
I'll be there and am very willing to help/ brainstorm/ recruit... Just let me know.

Jim
a bunch of nice sounding stuff. Nice that I'm finally able to actually listen to file music for the first time...

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2016, 11:06:27 PM »
if it is here next year...  i am locking all of us in the building and putting a match to it.

Isn't it cinder block?   Do those burn?

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2016, 11:08:56 PM »
I just started a thread on AK.   Last year, this didn't happen until the week before.   Hopefully the extra lead in time will generate interest.

Anyone here who is a member there, feel free to post on the thread and tell people you are attending.   Pump up the event and give it lots of bumps.

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/pittsburgh-5th-annual-memorial-day-audio-swap-meet.706307/#post-9477186

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2016, 11:22:50 PM »
Pepe, you should put some of last year's pictures on those threads.

Offline scorpio333

• got mule?
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2016, 08:55:06 AM »
I got to make it this year. Might bring a couple boxes of free records for members. Told a couple friends already.

Offline EmperorNorton

• Zen Master
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2016, 09:42:30 AM »
Thanks for making the offer again, Nick.   I will definitely bring stuff for a table.

I know I have mentioned this before but I have a friends stash of hundreds of CDRs of the live shows, mostly the Dead, Bob Dylan and Neil Young that I have never unloaded. So I will bring that stuff to sell for about the cost of the blanks unless I get a complaint from the RIAA.  Also will have vinyl and mid-fi gear.

Note to Ian:  If you'd want to peruse this stuff ahead of time (I recall you mentioned you are a big Deadhead), drop me a line and we can setup a time for you stop by and see if you'd want any shows you already do not have.

Thanks
Rega Planar 3
WTL TPP
Oppo 103
Musical Fidelity M1 DAC
AR LS-17
Quad II 80 monoblocks
Canton CT-800 speakers

Offline papabearjew

• Musicholic, Instigator
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2016, 04:17:26 PM »
I'm confused about the date. Posting says May 28th, Memorial Day. Memorial Day is always on a Monday which would be May 30th.

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2016, 04:44:07 PM »
It should say "Memorial Day Weekend".   It is on the Saturday.

Offline papabearjew

• Musicholic, Instigator
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2016, 05:29:29 PM »
Gotcha. Thanks. Note that BJ lives near me I'd like to try and go depending on his work schedule and my chemo schedule.

Offline schwarcw

• No one here gets out alive!
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2016, 10:11:39 PM »
UPDATE!

Nick and I have had several discussions on the Memorial Day Event, and I agreed to facilitate the planning.  First and foremost we need to respect Nick's desires and responsibility.  The event will be on his property so we must conform to certain boundaries.  The exact date, time, format and NAME of this event will be decided very soon.

It is highly probable that it will be on the May 28th date.  I think we all agree that we would like to have some new people, vendors, better food, parking, etc.  In addition to our Forum members, we will be looking for vendors who are in the business of hifi audio (equipment, media, service, etc.).  Hence, we probably won't use the term "swap meet" in the name of the event.

We'll need a lot of help from our members to help promote the event, assist in set up, tear down, etc.  All of us want this event to get better and grow.  We are trying do do some disciplined planning.  Your enthusiasm is welcome!  Thank you!
Carl