Author Topic: Pioneer SA-8500 II headphone jack impedance?  (Read 1822 times)

Offline Shudnawz

• FNG !!!
Pioneer SA-8500 II headphone jack impedance?
« on: April 20, 2016, 10:21:26 AM »
Hi! In my possession is my dad's old Pioneer SA-8500 mk.II reciever, which is in need of some love. But that's beside the point. When I get it running at optimal performance, I'd like to invest in a pair of headphones that will match it well. However, in none of the service manuals or user manuals I've found, is the headphone jack impedance written down. I lack the electronics savvy to read the circuit charts and figure it out that way, so I'm asking here.

Anyone know what impedance the headphone jack for my reciever has?

I'll put up some images and the background story about how it came to be in my possession on another board soon.

Offline F1nut

• Ball Buster
Re: Pioneer SA-8500 II headphone jack impedance?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2016, 01:56:07 PM »
That's an integrated amp, not a receiver.

I'm not a headphone guy, so I can't help with that, but I also do not recall seeing any specs for headphone jacks.
  'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Offline AdamG

• Double Secret Probation!
Re: Pioneer SA-8500 II headphone jack impedance?
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2016, 05:12:08 PM »
In the service manual available at the link below under specifications, it states: Output .... Headphone: Low Impedance
Not sure exactly what that means or if it helps you, but that's what they provided. Odds are, it will sound quite good.

Link: http://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/pioneer/sa-8500.shtml