Author Topic: Impressive video  (Read 4361 times)

Offline MacGeek

• Ready For Intervention!
Impressive video
« on: June 09, 2015, 04:29:18 PM »
I had an opportunity to stop at Northern Audio (on Babcock, near the old shop) and see their store remodel.  In the theater room was a new system, with the Dolby Atmos multi channel audio set up.  While the sound was very good, I was most impressed by the video display.  There is an edgelit 161" (that's almost 13 1/2 feet) screen displaying an image from a Sony 4k capable projector.  Considering I was sitting only about 8 feet from the screen surface, I expected a somewhat grainy or pixelized image.  Not a all the case; even the upconverted DVD images were impressive.  The experience very much reminded me of sitting close to the screen in a movie theater.  I had to turn my head occasionally to follow the action.  All in all, most impressive.

It's worth the visit to see what I believe has to be the state of the art in video displays.
Mac stuff, Sony HDR-F1HD AM/FM/HD tuner, Denon DRS 810 cassette, Denon CDR-W1500 CD recorder, Music Hall MMF-9 w/B&O MMC2, B & O 4002 w/B & O 20 CL, Revox A-77

OldiesButGoodies

Re: Impressive video
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 05:05:08 PM »
Will definitely add this to my to-do  list. 

Some of my friends in California wasted their stock option money from Amgen buying a number of ridiculously large 4K TVs (like 80+ inches) and report very happy results.  So interested to see what blurays    look like upconverted to 4K.  Will go check out what Mark has in the revamped theater - wonder what Sony projector he is using.

OBG

Offline MacGeek

• Ready For Intervention!
Re: Impressive video
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 07:29:35 PM »
Pepe-I didn't get a model number, but did see it and it is relatively large compared to more typical projectors I have seen.  If you go, let me know-I'd like to see it again.
Mac stuff, Sony HDR-F1HD AM/FM/HD tuner, Denon DRS 810 cassette, Denon CDR-W1500 CD recorder, Music Hall MMF-9 w/B&O MMC2, B & O 4002 w/B & O 20 CL, Revox A-77