Author Topic: PBJ/BJ's Carver Line Source Prototypes  (Read 10380 times)

Offline papabearjew

• Musicholic, Instigator
  • Ready For Intervention!
Re: PBJ/BJ's Carver Line Source Prototypes
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2017, 12:04:05 AM »
What's the Stereophile site?

OldiesButGoodies

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2017, 10:34:42 AM »
Sorry - meant to write TAS site - The Absolute Sound - site.  Here's a link:

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/carver-als-line-source-loudspeaker-system/?page=3

Offline papabearjew

• Musicholic, Instigator
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2017, 03:32:03 PM »
Hey Pepé. Nice review. Any chance you can crop the photo to remove my family photos?
Thx

Offline Magnaryder

• Double Secret Probation!
  • Ray Campbell, Rush chairman, damn glad to meet you
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2017, 04:38:35 PM »
I called Steve the other day to talk to him about his new Audeze 'phones and he mentioned the new ALS arriving. Damn, you guys must live under a lucky star. Those are damn fine speakers! I've been lucky enough to hear(IIRC)every iteration and each is better than the last. Sensational score

Congrats

ray 
Magnaryder-EAR Yoshino V20 Integrated amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, Rega P3TT,SME 3009 arm, Grado Statement Master1 cart, 2018 CarverFest 275 Amplifiers, CarverFest 2011 EL84 amplifiers Nos 50/51 Stax Earspeakers, Spatial Audio M3 OB loudspeakers and the Carver Research DarkStar sub.

OldiesButGoodies

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2017, 05:05:30 PM »
Hey Pepé. Nice review. Any chance you can crop the photo to remove my family photos?
Thx

Will do.  I have 3 accounts in TAS - need to remember to login to the right one so it will let me edit.   ;D

Offline papabearjew

• Musicholic, Instigator
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2017, 08:10:09 PM »
Thx

Will do.  I have 3 accounts in TAS - need to remember to login to the right one so it will let me edit.   ;D

Thanks Pepé.

Offline papabearjew

• Musicholic, Instigator
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2017, 03:20:22 AM »
This week (beginning Feb 5th) would be a good week for anybody that wants to come audition the ALS speakers. I have TIDAL HIFI and of course you're welcome to bring vinyl, cassettes, or reel to reel tapes (1/4", quarter track, 7.5ips, 7" or 10.5" reels. Now that I've lived with them and played them extensively for a while all I can say is holy shit. They have a truly "amazing" soundstage and incredible clarity. They just plain sound so real.
One correction from previous info. The sub is a PHASETECH Power 10 not a Polk. I'm very pleased with it. You guys with manual turntables can see the Q-up I added to BJ's Funk Firm turntable. I found a special on two for a reduced price so I ordered the extra one for Pepé. It's simple but awesome. I know Pepé loves his.

OldiesButGoodies

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2017, 04:35:18 PM »
This week (beginning Feb 5th) would be a good week for anybody that wants to come audition the ALS speakers. I have TIDAL HIFI and of course you're welcome to bring vinyl, cassettes, or reel to reel tapes (1/4", quarter track, 7.5ips, 7" or 10.5" reels. Now that I've lived with them and played them extensively for a while all I can say is holy shit. They have a truly "amazing" soundstage and incredible clarity. They just plain sound so real.
One correction from previous info. The sub is a PHASETECH Power 10 not a Polk. I'm very pleased with it. You guys with manual turntables can see the Q-up I added to BJ's Funk Firm turntable. I found a special on two for a reduced price so I ordered the extra one for Pepé. It's simple but awesome. I know Pepé loves his.

At some point when BJ has time I would like to try them with the miniDSP 2x4 HD.  The HD version has twice the bandwidth  and processing power than the one James sent with your speakers.  Since they sound so friggin good with the basic 2x4,  I would love to hear the improvement with the high def version  (I have one).

OBG