Author Topic: MOFI rice paper sleeve group buy?  (Read 14288 times)

Offline scorpio333

• Ready For Intervention!
  • got mule?
Re: MOFI rice paper sleeve group buy?
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2018, 10:23:49 AM »
I’ve got over 100 of these in circulation and haven’t noticed anything negative - scratches, film, demonic messages or crop circles. I recall reports of the film and scratches years ago, but I’ve never experienced it or worried about it.

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2018, 12:28:21 PM »
I've seen the film, but only on sleeves which had a paper outer and a glued in plastic inner.   Most believe that it is the glue that creates the film (and I do too).   MOFI sleeves don't use glue, the rice paper stiffener is sealed inside by the same heat that cuts the edges of the sleeve.

Offline Jim Pittsburgh

• Audio Connoisseur
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2018, 07:56:27 PM »
If you have not already place the order, please remove my two.... if it's placed no problem, I'll donate them to someone here.  I did not read the post clearly enough. I don't like rice paper or any other kind of paper sleeves, I like using the plastic sleeves with paper sandwiched inside for stiffness.
a bunch of nice sounding stuff. Nice that I'm finally able to actually listen to file music for the first time...

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2018, 10:03:19 PM »
If you have not already place the order, please remove my two.... if it's placed no problem, I'll donate them to someone here.  I did not read the post clearly enough. I don't like rice paper or any other kind of paper sleeves, I like using the plastic sleeves with paper sandwiched inside for stiffness.

That's what these are.   The paper sandwiched inside is rice paper.   I have not placed the order yet, but I think these are in fact what you want.   Here is the link...

https://www.musicdirect.com/analog-accessories/mobile-fidelity-record-inner-sleeves-50pk

These are the same ones that you took three packs of last year (see reply #8 in this thread).   Let me know either way.   We have plenty of takers, so your decision won't affect the deal for anyone else.

Offline Jim Pittsburgh

• Audio Connoisseur
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2018, 03:07:11 PM »
lol   those will be fine, sorry for my confusion.... I'll blame it on pain and drugs. When I re-read the post I thought it was for plain rice paper sleeves. I will take two then.  Again, sorry for the confusion and my misunderstanding.
a bunch of nice sounding stuff. Nice that I'm finally able to actually listen to file music for the first time...

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2018, 03:14:46 PM »
No problem.

Offline EmperorNorton

• Zen Master
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2018, 09:47:07 AM »
Hey Mark

while moving things around the listening room, I discovered an unopened pack of MoFi sleeves.  So if you do not need my two pack order to get the discount,  I want to cancel it.  If you end up short one or two come time to order, I would be glad to help the group get the discount.  I expect I'll be able to use them at some point.

thanks
Mike
Rega Planar 3
WTL TPP
Oppo 103
Musical Fidelity M1 DAC
AR LS-17
Quad II 80 monoblocks
Canton CT-800 speakers

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2018, 12:58:13 PM »
No problem

Offline RnR

• Audio Geek!
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2018, 10:43:54 AM »
I've been using these for about 6 months now, slowly changing over from paper to MoFi sleeves as I play a record. I have to say they work extremely well.  I've noticed less static, no more cringing when taking disc in and out of dirty paper inner, and has kept my printed paper inners in better shape now that the disc isn't riding in them.  A great buy no matter how you slice it

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2018, 11:43:01 AM »
That closely echos my own experience.   I'm cheap, I don't spend the extra money for no reason.

Offline scorpio333

• got mule?
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2018, 09:58:33 PM »
Got a Jimi Hendrix Axis: Bold as Love from Amazon for $10. It came in a Quality Record Pressing sleeve exactly like the Mofi sleeves. Wish more new records came like this. Pleasant surprise.

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2018, 10:17:09 PM »
They use their own sleeves for the stuff they press.   It should be a good sounding record too.   How did you swing that price?   Was it on sale or did you have a coupon?

Offline scorpio333

• got mule?
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2018, 08:52:22 AM »
A friend of mine has slickdeals alerts, he sent me a link for a Rob Zombie record. While I was in there I poked around for any other cheap records. Looks like they still have some and yes the sound quality is top notch. Great album if you like faders and such, sound comes from all over.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0033AGPF8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2018, 11:03:12 PM »
Okay, this buy is closed, but I'm sure we will do it again in the future.   I will PM people with totals and my Paypal shortly.   Thanks.

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2018, 07:13:59 PM »
The order is placed.   I also ordered a 100 pack of 10" outer sleeves which were on clearance.   I won't use that many, so if you can use any of these let me know and I will include what you need with your inner sleeves.