Author Topic: New Guy from North of the Burgh  (Read 5575 times)

Offline MATT0404

• Double Secret Probation!
New Guy from North of the Burgh
« on: September 19, 2017, 09:19:12 PM »
Hi All.  I just wanted to stop in here and introduce myself.  Name's Matt and I live in Franklin, about an hour and half north of the city.  I'm into all things audio, from vintage to new.  I have a couple different systems in my house that are ever-evolving.  I look forward to chatting with you all here.

As an aside, does anyone know of any Scott tube experts in the area?  I have a nice 299 that's been begging for a restoration.

Offline scorpio333

• Ready For Intervention!
  • got mule?
Re: New Guy from North of the Burgh
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 10:43:06 PM »
Hey Matt,  this is Sean, I bought the Tekton Lore's off you a month or so go. Loving them.

Some of the guys were wondering if you had any connection to the stereo shop up in Franklin.

Offline RuralTom

• Audio Geek!
  • Receiving Aural Pleasure....
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 05:55:23 AM »
Hi Matt!

Our paths have crossed as well, you at one point had the Choruses with the 'interesting' back story.

Ever seel those big Japanese horns?

Cheers and Welcome!
preamp: BAT VK-5
amp: Altec 944sa
DAC:  Bel Canto 2.5
CDP: Pioneer Elite DV-47a
Intel NUC server / iFi micro iUSB3.0 / Roon
Spendor FL9

Offline MATT0404

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2017, 07:43:59 AM »
Hey Matt,  this is Sean, I bought the Tekton Lore's off you a month or so go. Loving them.

Some of the guys were wondering if you had any connection to the stereo shop up in Franklin.
Hi, Sean!  Glad to hear those Lores are working well for you.  I really enjoyed my time with those speakers.  One of these days I'm going to have to audition the notorious Double Impacts.

I have no affiliation with any store or shop.  I'm not aware of any shop in Franklin, actually.  Do you guys know something I don't ???  I'm just a hobbyist who enjoys trying different things and the buying/selling/trading that comes along with it. 

Hi Matt!

Our paths have crossed as well, you at one point had the Choruses with the 'interesting' back story.

Ever seel those big Japanese horns?

Cheers and Welcome!

Hi, Tom!  Yes, our paths have crossed a couple times now.  I did sell the JMTEC's to a gentleman from Pittsburgh.  I can't remember his name, but I believe he was in the aftermarket modification/accessories industry for European cars.  Nice guy who I hope is enjoying those old horns as much as I have.  Those were a cool speaker. 

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2017, 09:52:39 AM »
I seem to recall a store front in the downtown that was labeled as a radio museum or some such thing.   At least I think it was Franklin.   Do you know anything about that?

Offline MATT0404

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2017, 10:45:21 AM »
I seem to recall a store front in the downtown that was labeled as a radio museum or some such thing.   At least I think it was Franklin.   Do you know anything about that?
Ah, yes, the DeBence museum.  I've been in there a couple times.  I've not paid for the tour, so I can't really comment on that.  They have a small selection of used vinyl for sale in the lobby.  In the basement is a pretty large collection of old/antique pianos, organs, and music players.  My kids loved it down there as they were allowed to play many of the instruments.

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2017, 12:26:01 PM »
Thanks for the info.   I always wondered what that was.

Offline Kingman

• Southern Commander
  • OCCD...I GOT IT BADD!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2017, 03:54:32 PM »
Howdy by God! By God howdy!!!
IN REALITY IT ONLY MATTERS WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE TO YOU!!!!!

Offline MacGeek

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2017, 04:02:16 PM »
Welcome, Matt and I hope you have fun here.  To what do you most like to listen?
Mac stuff, Sony HDR-F1HD AM/FM/HD tuner, Denon DRS 810 cassette, Denon CDR-W1500 CD recorder, Music Hall MMF-9 w/B&O MMC2, B & O 4002 w/B & O 20 CL, Revox A-77

Offline MATT0404

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2017, 09:19:35 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome, guys.  MacGeek, I listen to a wide variety of music depending on the mood and occasion.  Rock, classic rock, jazz, country, pop, classical, you name it, there's an occasion for it. 8) 

Offline RnR

• Audio Geek!
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2017, 09:29:55 AM »
Hey Matt,

I go up to Tionesta occasionally, and always pass through Franklin on my way.  I'll let you know next time I'm heading up, as I've always been interested in the radio museum.  Ever heard of Process Records?

Offline MATT0404

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2017, 11:16:08 AM »
Hey Matt,

I go up to Tionesta occasionally, and always pass through Franklin on my way.  I'll let you know next time I'm heading up, as I've always been interested in the radio museum.  Ever heard of Process Records?

Definitely let me know when you're passing through.  You're welcome to stop by for a listen to whatever I have at the moment, and/or we could hit up the DeBence museum.  I've not heard of Process Records before.  You'll have to enlighten me.

Offline RnR

• Audio Geek!
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2017, 12:53:48 PM »
process records was a short-lived label from Franklin

Offline MATT0404

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2017, 02:11:05 PM »
process records was a short-lived label from Franklin

Gotcha.  Can't say I ever heard of them.