Repair / Help Forum > Repair / Help

Harmony 700 help needed

(1/2) > >>

EmperorNorton:
Hey guys,

I have a couple A/V amps that are missing their remotes.  Can I set up the remote to bring up and control the on-the-TV screen menu so that I can setup/turn on the subwoofer ?  Looked online but no luck so far.

Thx
Mike

gdv:
Mike,
What brand/model receivers?

EmperorNorton:
I have a Denon AVR S700W and a Sony DA5200ES with no remotes.  Apparently I will need a remote to switch front speakers to 'small' which will activate the subwoofer.  For the Denon, I am looking for a Denon RC-1189 remote.   EBay has them for $10 shipped from China but I am wary of ordering ones this cheap. 

MacGeek:
Can you set up the speakers with the front panel controls?  I have had some luck finding model specific Denon remotes on ebay.

EmperorNorton:
Ok, guys.  I have programmed the Harmony to turn the Denon on with the 'watch TV', 'play music', and 'watch movie'

So I need to control just the receiver and get to the setup screen.   And I just discovered that the main screen on the Harmony was being covered by the peel off strip. Which I did not realize needed to be peeled off.  So much for four years of college, eh?

Should be able to figure this out quickly now!

thanks
Mike

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version