Author Topic: Saturday shopping  (Read 1672 times)

Offline EmperorNorton

• Zen Master
Saturday shopping
« on: December 10, 2017, 08:00:32 AM »
Was out on the estate sale circuit Saturday with my wife, the Empress.  She got me up early to drive out to Nevillewood, where I was second in line behind Chuck, an audiophile type from Butler who was chatty and told me about buying a few things from Hal and Dale recently.  He also bought the DQ10s they had for $250.   I probably overpaid for a couple pairs of small Advents but my brain was still thawing out from the waiting in line to make a good decision.  From there, the Empress and I made a few more stops, one in West Mifflin, where I found a non descript box in a cluttered garage, opened it and, lo and behold, saw a Sony ST-80W tuner and a Heathkit SA-2 (complete with manual).  The Heathkit needs some cleaning but plays (though scratchy.)   Working on it should be a instructive little project for the winter months.  At the last stop, I found a gorgeous and working pair of KLH 6s.   Not a bad day after all. 
Rega Planar 3
WTL TPP
Oppo 103
Musical Fidelity M1 DAC
AR LS-17
Quad II 80 monoblocks
Canton CT-800 speakers

Offline MacGeek

• Ready For Intervention!
Re: Saturday shopping
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 08:04:36 AM »
In my experience you had an outstanding day.  I have searched more for much less.  I am surprised you didn't run into Hal and Dale
Mac stuff, Sony HDR-F1HD AM/FM/HD tuner, Denon DRS 810 cassette, Denon CDR-W1500 CD recorder, Music Hall MMF-9 w/B&O MMC2, B & O 4002 w/B & O 20 CL, Revox A-77

Offline schwarcw

• Ready For Intervention!
  • No one here gets out alive!
Re: Saturday shopping
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 09:21:17 AM »
Booyah!
Carl