General Banter > Welcome Wagon

New Member from Massachusetts

(1/2) > >>

dpl50:
Hi all, I'm new to this site, but have been into audio gear for 40 years now.  Due to circumstances that made me downsize most of my hifi gear, I've recently got into vintage audio gear.  When I first got into audio gear it was the late 70's and I dreamed of lots of stuff I could not afford at the time.

So now I've come full circle and picked up a Kenwood KR-6030 receiver to go with a Thorens TD 160 Super turntable that I've been enjoying for a few years now.  Always loved the look of the 70's gear and could not be happier with the sound of my current set-up. I added a few pics in the HiFi gear media section.

MacGeek:
Welcome aboard.  I too have been acquiring the things I lusted to have back them, as well as repurchasing some of what I did have.  To what do you like to listen?

Sir Thrift-a-Lot:
I skipped the whole hi-fi thing and went straight to vintage!

Welcome.

Sir Thrift-a-Lot:
BTW, I've been here for years and never noticed the media section.   Thanks for pointing that out.

dpl50:
These days I listen mostly to jazz, but still occassionally rock out to some classic rock.  I was listening to music for a few hours yesterday and was impressed with the bass I was experiencing through the Kenwood.  With 80w per channel, I've yet to move the volume knob past 10 o'clock...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version