Author Topic: New Member from Massachusetts  (Read 3159 times)

Offline dpl50

• FNG !!!
New Member from Massachusetts
« on: April 22, 2018, 07:45:25 PM »
Hi all, I'm new to this site, but have been into audio gear for 40 years now.  Due to circumstances that made me downsize most of my hifi gear, I've recently got into vintage audio gear.  When I first got into audio gear it was the late 70's and I dreamed of lots of stuff I could not afford at the time.

So now I've come full circle and picked up a Kenwood KR-6030 receiver to go with a Thorens TD 160 Super turntable that I've been enjoying for a few years now.  Always loved the look of the 70's gear and could not be happier with the sound of my current set-up. I added a few pics in the HiFi gear media section.

Online MacGeek

• Ready For Intervention!
Re: New Member from Massachusetts
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2018, 08:51:47 PM »
Welcome aboard.  I too have been acquiring the things I lusted to have back them, as well as repurchasing some of what I did have.  To what do you like to listen?
Mac stuff, Sony HDR-F1HD AM/FM/HD tuner, Denon DRS 810 cassette, Denon CDR-W1500 CD recorder, Music Hall MMF-9 w/B&O MMC2, B & O 4002 w/B & O 20 CL, Revox A-77

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2018, 10:35:41 PM »
I skipped the whole hi-fi thing and went straight to vintage!

Welcome.

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2018, 10:38:07 PM »
BTW, I've been here for years and never noticed the media section.   Thanks for pointing that out.

Offline dpl50

• FNG !!!
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2018, 08:46:46 AM »
These days I listen mostly to jazz, but still occassionally rock out to some classic rock.  I was listening to music for a few hours yesterday and was impressed with the bass I was experiencing through the Kenwood.  With 80w per channel, I've yet to move the volume knob past 10 o'clock...

Offline Kingman

• Southern Commander
  • OCCD...I GOT IT BADD!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2018, 08:40:28 PM »
Late to the party but welcome aboard!
IN REALITY IT ONLY MATTERS WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE TO YOU!!!!!

OldiesButGoodies

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2018, 03:06:19 PM »
Hi Massachusetts, welcome to the forum!

I have been into this obsession for about 35 years myself...  there are many worse ways to spend your money  >:D

OBG

Offline dpl50

• FNG !!!
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2018, 12:18:49 PM »
True, and I tell myself that audio equipment lasts longer than a vacation.  Not sure my wife agrees but...