Author Topic: I listed this on AK, I'll put it here too...  (Read 1645 times)

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

• Ready For Intervention!
I listed this on AK, I'll put it here too...
« on: July 28, 2018, 08:42:01 PM »
Just in case somebody here wants a Holy Grail record...

Electric Ladyland (3 sides NM, side B EX/ jacket VG+) Track UK (yes, the naked lady one) Three sides are visually immaculate, side B has two very faint hairlines. You would never think a 50 year old rock record, let alone one as coveted as this, could be in such amazing condition. In addition to my usual cleaning regimen, I then took this one to my friend @schwarcw place and ran it through his ultrasonic cleaner. I wanted a record as treasured as this to be surgically clean. The jacket is also amazingly preserved, but unfortunately suffered a few corner bumps. As happens with British jackets, the folds at the corners also caused some delamination bubbling, but those folds are the only place that I see delamination. There are no other obvious bubbles, no ringwear and not a hint of edge wear or seam splitting. It even has the original lined UK inners in great shape. In this condition, I think it is a steal at this asking price, but I know this is a lot of money, so instead of telling you how "thunderous" the bass is or how "black" the background is, I will provide unretouched MP3s and photos to any SERIOUSLY INTERESTED PARTIES. I don't want you to take my word for it, I want you to hear exactly what you are getting. This is an archival copy of one of the most coveted pressings in the history of recorded music. - $400

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

Re: I listed this on AK, I'll put it here too...
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2018, 08:10:41 PM »
That was cut and pasted from AK.   Of course a local buyer would be welcome to hear it and as always, PM for forum price.   Thanks.

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

Re: I listed this on AK, I'll put it here too...
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2018, 05:11:19 PM »
This is sold.    O0