Author Topic: Anyone interested in a $200 Ultrasonic RCM?  (Read 15942 times)

OldiesButGoodies

Re: Anyone interested in a $200 Ultrasonic RCM?
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2019, 01:32:38 PM »
I ordered the last Tergikleen from Amazon, they had five this morning so I got nervous.

The Tergikleen wasn’t my first choice. I was looking to get Triton X100 and Hepastat 256. The Triton is $28 on Amazon or $22 ($11 plus $11 shipping) from Talas for a pint. You only use 20 drops per gallon. The Hepastat lowers static, but it’s almost $50 for a gallon and you use even less than the Triton. An alternative for the Hepastat is some type of makeup making chemical. I’m working on a different source for that stuff, but it will be a long shot.

EN, since I grabbed the last one I’ll split it with you if want half.

Honestly the threads on this stuff is crazy. Multiple 100 page threads, way too much info to dissect. Probably best to start simple and then tinker later.

You guys are relatively close to each other,   share the cost and group-buy!

Offline EmperorNorton

• Zen Master
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2019, 06:52:48 PM »
Hey Scorp
 I'll be glad to split the Tergicleen with you   Based on how little we are going to use, it might be a lifetime supply!!

EN
Rega Planar 3
WTL TPP
Oppo 103
Musical Fidelity M1 DAC
AR LS-17
Quad II 80 monoblocks
Canton CT-800 speakers

Offline scorpio333

• Ready For Intervention!
  • got mule?
« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2019, 09:48:53 PM »
Hey Scorp
 I'll be glad to split the Tergicleen with you   Based on how little we are going to use, it might be a lifetime supply!!

EN

Sounds good. I’ll have to figure out a way to split it up when it arrives tomorrow. I have to run over to Bowser in West Mifflin on Saturday for some tranny fluid. I’ll be trading my man card in to get it, I accidentally drained the tranny instead of the oil. One of the dumbest things I’ve ever done. Anyway, I may be able to meet you over that way that day, if that works. If not, we’ll figure something out. No rush, just figured I’d be over closer to you.

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2019, 09:54:29 PM »
I have to run over to Bowser in West Mifflin on Saturday for some tranny fluid. I’ll be trading my man card in to get it, I accidentally drained the tranny instead of the oil. One of the dumbest things I’ve ever done.

Offline schwarcw

• No one here gets out alive!
« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2019, 11:01:46 PM »
Thanks guys. I've ordered a 10L tank and 4 record vinyl stack.

Can you share where you purchased the tank?
Carl

Offline scorpio333

• got mule?
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2019, 12:24:28 AM »
Thanks guys. I've ordered a 10L tank and 4 record vinyl stack.

Can you share where you purchased the tank?

eBay. Went with the cheap one. Crossing my fingers it turns out better than the oil change!

OldiesButGoodies

« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2019, 01:57:49 AM »
I accidentally drained the tranny instead of the oil. One of the dumbest things I’ve ever done.

hahaha this made my day!  you get your man card back having the balls to announce to the world you made this mistake.  I hope it was a front wheel drive transaxle setup, that could explain the confusion!

Offline scorpio333

• got mule?
« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2019, 09:02:15 AM »
I accidentally drained the tranny instead of the oil. One of the dumbest things I’ve ever done.

hahaha this made my day!  you get your man card back having the balls to announce to the world you made this mistake.  I hope it was a front wheel drive transaxle setup, that could explain the confusion!

AWD Subaru. The only defense I have is the plastic skid plate hides the oil pan drain plug, but not the tranny plug. Basically a result of doing too many things at the same time.

Offline EmperorNorton

• Zen Master
« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2019, 06:41:56 PM »
I can barely do one thing at a time.  It's probably time to apply for one of those Medical Marijuana cards.  I have read it's the cure for all ailments......
Rega Planar 3
WTL TPP
Oppo 103
Musical Fidelity M1 DAC
AR LS-17
Quad II 80 monoblocks
Canton CT-800 speakers

Offline scorpio333

• got mule?
« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2019, 06:05:58 PM »
I can barely do one thing at a time.  It's probably time to apply for one of those Medical Marijuana cards.  I have read it's the cure for all ailments......

Clinton never inhaled and Snoop never exhaled, somewhere in the middle is the sweet spot.

Not sure if I should make a new thread or just continue on here. I set everything up last night. 2 gallons of deionized water from Whole Paycheck. 12 drops of Tergikleen. EN, I have yours separated and ready. 33 degrees, 1.5 revs per minute for 15 minutes. Put 4 records in that I’ve been unhappy with, pops and clicks throughout. After the 15 minutes, I rinsed them with deionized water and vacuumed them on the VPI. Played 3 of the 4, very strange outcome. The first inch or so of each side is still noisy, the rest is awesome, just a few clicks. These were recordsi had previously cleaned on the VPI with little to no improvement. So far I’m sold, I’ll be doing more tomorrow.

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2019, 07:30:43 PM »
That first inch is where people grab them with their thumbs.   After a few days, clean with an Iso/Dawn solution on your VPI (to loosen greasy deposits), then US again.   My guess is you can get them even quieter.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 07:37:20 PM by Sir Thrift-a-Lot »