Author Topic: QSC K10 amplified speaker  (Read 2498 times)

Offline gdv

• Audio Connoisseur
QSC K10 amplified speaker
« on: February 08, 2019, 10:48:14 PM »
Well, here is how the story goes...  Thought it would be an easy fix...  :(

A friend has a speaker and someone had broken off some rca male connections in the rca female jacks, then "butchered" the jack by using a knife or similar to try & remove the remnants of the broken plugs...

I bought a replacement set of jacks, installed them & now the speaker/amp just buzzes...  No sound, just noise/buzzing... 

I could not find my 25 watt pencil iron, so I used my more powerful soldering station, & one of the traces lifted, but I think I was able to attach to the broken/lifted trace..

Any thoughts?  Thanks in advance...
George
5 out of 4 people have trouble with fractions...

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

• Ready For Intervention!
Re: QSC K10 amplified speaker
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2019, 12:31:49 AM »
I don't know anything about how to correct a lifted trace, but I hope you can get them working.   I rented a quad of K10s to do a wedding reception and was blown away at the size/weight to performance ratio.   They are smokin little speakers.   Worst case scenario maybe you can contact QSC for a new board.

OldiesButGoodies

Re: QSC K10 amplified speaker
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2019, 02:45:55 AM »
Well, here is how the story goes...  Thought it would be an easy fix...  :(

A friend has a speaker and someone had broken off some rca male connections in the rca female jacks, then "butchered" the jack by using a knife or similar to try & remove the remnants of the broken plugs...

I bought a replacement set of jacks, installed them & now the speaker/amp just buzzes...  No sound, just noise/buzzing... 

I could not find my 25 watt pencil iron, so I used my more powerful soldering station, & one of the traces lifted, but I think I was able to attach to the broken/lifted trace..

Any thoughts?  Thanks in advance...
George

Service manual available here: https://elektrotanya.com/qsc_k8_k10_k12_ksub_k_series_sch.pdf/download.html.

Good luck,

Pepe