Repair / Help Forum > Repair / Help

Turntable/subwoofer blues

(1/5) > >>

Kingman:
I have the dreaded shakes!  :laugh: When I use my sub and turntable at the same time the sub begins to have a heart attack and overload. I switched out turntables with a little success but still not satisfactory. I have been told a lot of things to do...have some sorbothane coming to help isolate TT. Hard to get sub any further away because of limited space. Any ideas or snake oil treatments I can apply?

Shaking in the South

Sir Thrift-a-Lot:
Can you wall mount your shelf?   Physical separation of the table and sub is the only real answer.   Taking the dust cover off when you play back can also be beneficial.

Kingman:

--- Quote from: Sir Thrift-a-Lot on February 20, 2019, 12:18:19 PM ---Can you wall mount your shelf?   Physical separation of the table and sub is the only real answer.   Taking the dust cover off when you play back can also be beneficial.

--- End quote ---
No, turntable is in worst place on top shelf of stereo rack which is only about a foot from sub... ::)

Jim Pittsburgh:
a wall shelf would be the best step, but a sandbox might be equally as effective.  Have dealt with this problem myself recently and found that the majority of the problem was vibration through the turntable RCAs.

Kingman:
I have some sorbothane on the way. Hoping this helps.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version