Author Topic: Harmony 520 remote  (Read 2385 times)

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

• Ready For Intervention!
Harmony 520 remote
« on: February 21, 2019, 12:23:37 AM »
Has anyone here had any luck programming one of these things?   I am trying to get set up for my GW find Denon DBT1713UD.   The program says it finds the player, it connects to the remote and it updates the remote, but when I'm done there is still nothing under "devices" on the remote.   I can use my Denon receiver remote for all disc functions, but I need the "home" button to try the media player in the unit.   I don't know if the problem is my computer, my cable or this remote (or operator error) but I'd love to try the update on a working system with the help of someone who has successfully done this.   Thanks.

Offline scorpio333

• got mule?
Re: Harmony 520 remote
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 01:00:57 PM »
No familiar with the 520. We have a One and a 650. I want to SMASH the 650 into tiny pieces. The One is easier to use and program. The 650 rarely turns things off as programmed, resets the current activity at random times, if you drop it, it will reset itself. I tried and tried to get it programmed correctly but I can't or it won't.

Which software are you using? For the One, I use MyHarmony. The 650 uses Logitech Harmony Remote Software. I prefer the One and MyHarmony.

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 01:11:03 PM »
Yeah, the 520 uses the same software as the 650 I believe, the earlier software.   I just want to make it work with this Blu player.   I don't care about "activities" or having it turn things off in order.   If you have successfully added a device to your remote, and still have the program and cable, would you be willing to try to add the device to this?   I don't know if my software is messed up or the remote is.   Thanks.

Offline scorpio333

• got mule?
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2019, 03:42:20 PM »
Sure, I can give it a try. We'll just need to figure how/when to make the hand off.

Offline EmperorNorton

• Zen Master
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2019, 08:03:32 PM »
I have a 700 and it works great, especially after I peeled off that silly label and could see all the prompts!
Rega Planar 3
WTL TPP
Oppo 103
Musical Fidelity M1 DAC
AR LS-17
Quad II 80 monoblocks
Canton CT-800 speakers