Author Topic: USPS delays  (Read 3288 times)

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

• Ready For Intervention!
USPS delays
« on: April 02, 2019, 05:18:02 PM »
I have one inbound and three outbound packages so far (that I know of) which are significantly delayed according to tracking.   I started to wonder what was going on so I Googled...

https://www.sharonherald.com/news/mercury-spill-delays-mail-shuts-down-warrendale-postal-facility/article_86b23cc2-50cd-11e9-9f47-279f0f214371.html

If you are noticing any issues, I'm sure this is why.

Offline Jim Pittsburgh

• Audio Connoisseur
Re: USPS delays
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2019, 08:05:18 PM »
yep, have an "inbound" shipment of two albums that were delayed / held in NC for the cleanup I guess. Tomorrow it will be 8 days to get here from Atlanta area.
a bunch of nice sounding stuff. Nice that I'm finally able to actually listen to file music for the first time...

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2019, 08:07:32 PM »

Offline scorpio333

• got mule?
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2019, 08:08:09 PM »
Weird, I had a package show an alert last week, but arrived without delay. I was under the assumption it was not the sort facility, but a public facing office.

Offline schwarcw

• No one here gets out alive!
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2019, 08:36:20 PM »
I have a small package coming that is stuck at Warrendale according to USPS Tracking.  Oh well?
Carl

Offline JLeb

• FNG !!!
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2019, 08:57:52 PM »
I have one inbound package delayed.  I opened a case with USPS yesterday, and they called me today and informed me of the mercury spill.  Googled it and it looks like only an ounce spilled, but it spilled on a conveyor belt, so it may have been spread around...

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2019, 09:50:17 PM »
Weird, I had a package show an alert last week, but arrived without delay. I was under the assumption it was not the sort facility, but a public facing office.

My guess there is that they are tagging anything that is being rerouted with a delay due to the extra volume the other centers have to pick up while that one is down and you just got lucky that yours wasn't impacted.