Author Topic: tube socket cleaning  (Read 4169 times)

NATOE

tube socket cleaning
« on: February 12, 2010, 09:06:45 PM »
I was on one of my crusades on Google to find an answer for this question.

How to clean your tube sockets if they are dirty and corroded.
The old pipe cleaner trick came up and all that liquid gold "mystery can" fix all snake oil stuff was second on the search.
The liquid gold "mystery can" fix all snake oil stuff  probably isn't a bad idea for the dirt and dust But what in the hell is a pipe cleaner going to do.The soft pipe cleaner I think wouldn't touch the corroded metal especially on a forty 40 year old piece of gear. "my dynaco st-70".

So the light in the old dome got a little brighter and I had a great idea. How about a set of tip cleaners the one you would use to clean your cutting torch after your buddy borrowed it and thought it was a hammer slash torch.That would get right in there and make them bad boys like new again.And i have to say that it worked nice for me. Just make sure to unplug and discharge the caps before sticking your stink fingers on them little metal round fouls.Or just spend the boo koo ding on the new sockets,they must think there made of gold.

Offline F1nut

• Ball Buster
  'Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Offline confused

• Audio Geek!
Re: tube socket cleaning
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 08:38:25 PM »
I have never tried it, some people use contact cleaner and toothpicks in drill or driver inserted into the socket and rotated.
Dale

-Still Smoking!-