Author Topic: HIFI Engine site  (Read 2245 times)

Offline MacGeek

• Ready For Intervention!
HIFI Engine site
« on: May 27, 2019, 08:48:23 PM »
I was doing some research on the HiFi Engine website and find there is now apparently a three file download limit in a 24 hour period.   It's probably been awhile since I last visited the site, but don't recall limits in the past.  Has anyone run into this?   I cannot find a work around to the limit.
Mac stuff, Sony HDR-F1HD AM/FM/HD tuner, Denon DRS 810 cassette, Denon CDR-W1500 CD recorder, Music Hall MMF-9 w/B&O MMC2, B & O 4002 w/B & O 20 CL, Revox A-77

OldiesButGoodies

Re: HIFI Engine site
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2019, 02:30:06 AM »
I was doing some research on the HiFi Engine website and find there is now apparently a three file download limit in a 24 hour period.   It's probably been awhile since I last visited the site, but don't recall limits in the past.  Has anyone run into this?   I cannot find a work around to the limit.

There is a workaround, sort of:  contribute manuals (and schematics, brochures,  equipment mods,  post reviews) to the site, develop good karma with them, and it factors in the limit calculation:  here's the details"

"The limits are dynamic, constantly under review and based on a score determined by factors such as server load, IP address (some ranges are prone to high levels of abuse and are throttled), behaviour (using VPNs and proxy services may downgrade your account) and your level of contribution to the library."

Pepe

Lastly,  if you need a manual and ran out of your quota,  contact one of us in the forum and am sure we can you more very quickly.   

Offline MacGeek

• Ready For Intervention!
Re: HIFI Engine site
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2019, 07:11:19 AM »
Thanks, Pepe.  Now that you mention it, I do recall the helpfulness of contributing manuals to the library.  I didn't need anything; just checking specs between similar components.
Mac stuff, Sony HDR-F1HD AM/FM/HD tuner, Denon DRS 810 cassette, Denon CDR-W1500 CD recorder, Music Hall MMF-9 w/B&O MMC2, B & O 4002 w/B & O 20 CL, Revox A-77