Author Topic: crossover Fostex EN3000  (Read 1921 times)

Offline cosmicjazz

• FNG !!!
crossover Fostex EN3000
« on: September 08, 2019, 01:44:49 AM »
Hello to all,

This is a first thread, I'm glad that I found this great Forum, looking forward to start to contribute, and share my learning process about vintage equipments.

I will assemble my first high end system, it will be a multi amp system with a active analog crossover, my question is:

When considering a vintage crossover, like the Fostex that I mentioned earlier, that was produced in early 90's, what I must check in order to know if the unit must be revised, change components and etc, in order to work with full potential? I'm talking about more or less when you buy a vintage power amp for example, that is mandatory recap the unit and etc, this also applies to crossovers units? I'm sure that are very different designs with different components, so I'm taking this one for example:

Equipment pictures in detail here:

https://www.hifido.co.jp/sold/14-84210-27250-00.html

Let me know what you see here, this equipment for early 90's, in this condition, probably still working as factory specs? or due to the age, it's vital to change some components? if yes, what components? it's complicated? Need a very experienced technician?

Many thanks, best regards to all!