Author Topic: Polk soundbar...  (Read 7311 times)

Offline gdv

• Audio Connoisseur
Polk soundbar...
« on: July 14, 2019, 08:51:02 AM »
A friend gave me a Polk soundbar, model FR1...  It is minus the Bluetooth module...  Is it basically usless or are there ways to adapt other Bluetooth modules?  Searching the web, I see no info regarding a replacement Bluetooth module...

Thank you,
George
5 out of 4 people have trouble with fractions...

Offline scorpio333

• Ready For Intervention!
  • got mule?
Re: Polk soundbar...
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2019, 02:33:56 PM »
I once picked up a bluetooth keyboard and didn't realize there was no module included...after googling it went to the electronics recycler. If you can't get one from Polk you're likely out of luck. There may be a way to get a similar module and flashing the firmware, but you'll need to dig around to get the info and hope the firmware files are available.

Offline gdv

• Audio Connoisseur
Re: Polk soundbar...
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2019, 11:06:10 AM »
Not looking too promising regarding the bluetooth module...

My original thought was to add speakers terminals to the soundbar, power it/the speakers by a car stereo (hidden below or to the side of the TV) & controlled by the car stereo remote...  So I would need to leave the IR sensor "open" so the remote could communicate with it...

WHEN I have time to do this, I'll let you know how this turns out...  By the way, a friend on the forum recently gave me an Alpine car receiver which should work great!  I have an extra remote...

Thanks for reading/following...
George
5 out of 4 people have trouble with fractions...