Author Topic: Shout out to Vpgh  (Read 60550 times)

Offline schwarcw

• Ready For Intervention!
  • No one here gets out alive!
Shout out to Vpgh
« on: August 01, 2019, 10:43:22 PM »
A big thank you to Vince to helping me get my system back up and running!!  It's been two months since I heard my system and it's never sounded better.  THANKS VINCE!!!!!!
Carl

Offline MacGeek

Re: Shout out to Vpgh
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2019, 05:19:06 AM »
Carl-great news; I know how it feels.  What was wrong that disabled the entire system?
Mac stuff, Sony HDR-F1HD AM/FM/HD tuner, Denon DRS 810 cassette, Denon CDR-W1500 CD recorder, Music Hall MMF-9 w/B&O MMC2, B & O 4002 w/B & O 20 CL, Revox A-77

Offline schwarcw

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2019, 06:26:11 AM »
  What was wrong that disabled the entire system?

A TUBE!!
Carl

Offline Kingman

• Southern Commander
  • OCCD...I GOT IT BADD!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2019, 08:09:29 AM »
Congrats and bravo to Vince!  :)
IN REALITY IT ONLY MATTERS WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE TO YOU!!!!!

Offline Vpgh

• Double Secret Probation!
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2019, 05:08:27 PM »
A big thank you to Vince to helping me get my system back up and running!!  It's been two months since I heard my system and it's never sounded better.  THANKS VINCE!!!!!!
Carl, you are very welcome!
Moreover, it's the best part of audio hobby- meet interesting people, find new friends, listening wide spectrum of audio stuff

Offline EmperorNorton

• Zen Master
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2019, 09:31:46 AM »
I was also in the company of these interesting people, and always learn something when Vince starts taking things apart.....
Rega Planar 3
WTL TPP
Oppo 103
Musical Fidelity M1 DAC
AR LS-17
Quad II 80 monoblocks
Canton CT-800 speakers

Offline Jim Pittsburgh

• Audio Connoisseur
Patricia Barber concert 3/14/2020 tickets went on sale yesterday
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2019, 05:57:41 PM »
Got my tickets to see Patricia Barber and Kenny Werner   row H right on the aisle .... Have never seen/heard her in concert. Really looking forward to it... lol  only  have to wait 7 months. Tickets are through the Manchester Craftsmen's Guild  mcgjazz.org   
a bunch of nice sounding stuff. Nice that I'm finally able to actually listen to file music for the first time...

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2019, 10:26:44 PM »
We need a like button.   I have no comment for the post but am glad you got your tix.

Offline schwarcw

Re: Patricia Barber concert 3/14/2020 tickets went on sale yesterday
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2019, 11:10:14 PM »
Got my tickets to see Patricia Barber and Kenny Werner   row H right on the aisle .... Have never seen/heard her in concert. Really looking forward to it... lol  only  have to wait 7 months. Tickets are through the Manchester Craftsmen's Guild  mcgjazz.org

I saw her perform at Axpona in Chicago about five years ago.  It was held in a hotel ballroom.  A weird show as there were no seats, standing only.  My one buddy paid to get in while me and the other buddy sat outside the ballroom in the perimeter.  We had nice seats and could hear the concert perfectly.  The show was nothing to write home about.  The band was good but her vocals didn't resonate with me like her records or SACDs.  I would see her again.
Carl

Offline Jim Pittsburgh

• Audio Connoisseur
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2019, 07:39:08 AM »
I'm hoping that the setting will get her more into the record level of performance. At worst it will be a nice evening with my wonderful wife.
a bunch of nice sounding stuff. Nice that I'm finally able to actually listen to file music for the first time...

Offline Vpgh

• Double Secret Probation!
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2019, 05:18:34 PM »
I was also in the company of these interesting people, and always learn something when Vince starts taking things apart.....
Yeah, EmperorNorton, you are!
BTW, it's just bad childhood habit to break the stuff :)