Author Topic: Help with my ARC D-115  (Read 1949 times)

Offline RnR

• Audio Geek!
Help with my ARC D-115
« on: December 06, 2019, 12:19:44 PM »
Hey guys,

My ARC D-115 blew a tube last year, and I had one of the tube cage's screws roll up under the transformer.   I have a replacement tube/screw.  I was wondering if someone who is tech savvy would have any time to look at it with me?

Basically to ensure all is well so I can install the new tube and power it up safely.  I'm more than willing to pay someone for their time, I just need a little help and would welcome the education.

PM me if you're interested, lets chat.  I'm in Pittsburgh but willing to travel

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

• Ready For Intervention!
Re: Help with my ARC D-115
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2019, 04:55:45 PM »
I consider myself not really qualified to work on my own stuff because I know I can do as much harm as good.   I occasionally plow through anyway because I can't afford a tech.   I would never presume to work on someone else's something.   I hope someone comes forward with the assistance you need.

Offline scorpio333

• got mule?
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2019, 08:40:05 PM »
I'm with STaL, beyond speaker or turntables I'm no good. Case in point, I blew up a cap today on a power board.

Hope someone helps you out.

Offline MacGeek

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2019, 09:02:08 AM »
RnR-

Is this to only replace the tube and remove the lose screw, or are there  other issues or more that needs to be done?

MG
Mac stuff, Sony HDR-F1HD AM/FM/HD tuner, Denon DRS 810 cassette, Denon CDR-W1500 CD recorder, Music Hall MMF-9 w/B&O MMC2, B & O 4002 w/B & O 20 CL, Revox A-77

Offline RnR

• Audio Geek!
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2019, 09:27:16 AM »
Yep just to dislodge the tube-cage screw from under the transformer, put the new tube in, and maybe test the surrounding resistors to make sure they are okay.  But I believe the tube simply lost vacuum during a period when the amp wasn't in use.  It was all white at the top when I opened up the cage.
It was serviced not long before, so it should be in fine running shape aside from these issues.

If you have any interest and want to make a little spare cash please let me know!

Thanks guys