Author Topic: Anyone with Experience Re-coning Woofers?  (Read 1876 times)

Offline MATT0404

• Double Secret Probation!
Anyone with Experience Re-coning Woofers?
« on: February 07, 2020, 10:10:07 AM »
Hey, guys.  I have two pair of JBL woofers that need re-coned.  One pair are 122a's from a pair of L65A's and the other are 126a's from a pair of Jubals.  I have re-cone kits from Simply Speakers for all woofers, but I don't have experience with this kind of repair and I'm a bit hesitant to tackle it myself.

Can anyone recommend a local shop that can re-cone for a reasonable price?  Or is there someone on here willing to guide a newbie through the process?  Thoughts and recommendations appreciated.  Thanks!

Offline Juice13

• FNG !!!
Re: Anyone with Experience Re-coning Woofers?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2020, 04:48:10 PM »
Know this is a little late reply but why give it a go on a cheap flea market find and give it go - I have done a few pairs and thought I had it down until I did an old pair of Advents with contracted spiders - google it and GOOD LUCK !!

Offline quaddriver

• FNG !!!
  • 120 Whats? per channel
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2020, 11:55:59 AM »
I think you might have asked me this elsewhere if not in my store....just sounds too familiar.  Its so easy to do you will kick yourself for hesitating.  you need an ultra sharp exacto and a utility razor blade or two and some sally hansen 'double duty top coat' (just ask)

plan on spending an hour per cone.

Offline RnR

• Audio Geek!
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2020, 02:25:40 PM »
Galaxie did an amazing job on a pair on snell's I had.  Perfect and super reasonable

Offline MacGeek

• Ready For Intervention!
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2020, 07:32:34 PM »
I can second that
Mac stuff, Sony HDR-F1HD AM/FM/HD tuner, Denon DRS 810 cassette, Denon CDR-W1500 CD recorder, Music Hall MMF-9 w/B&O MMC2, B & O 4002 w/B & O 20 CL, Revox A-77