Author Topic: ESS AMT Monitor Tweeters  (Read 1482 times)

Offline hoobadooba

• FNG !!!
ESS AMT Monitor Tweeters
« on: May 09, 2020, 07:15:41 PM »
Hi Everyone:

I'm new to the forum and I'm not sure if this is even the right category to list this but here goes. Back in 1977 or 1978, I bought a pair of ESS AMT Monitor speakers.  I really enjoyed them and listened to them a lot. As the years passed, I moved into a new house where I had not one, but two pretty substantial basement floods. Unfortunately the second flood involved the ESS speakers. They had about 6-8 inches of water damage and I haven't have them hooked up since. It's probably been about 25 years or so since I've used them. I am planning to get rid of the speakers. The cabinets have delaminated at the bottom and the passive radiators are no longer usable. My question is: does anyone think that the tweeters could be something that I could sell. I'm sure that they are fine and I'd hate to get rid of them knowing that I might be able to get some money for them. Just curious. The speakers are taking up room in my basement and I will not use them again. Thanks for any suggestions. 

Offline Sir Thrift-a-Lot

• Ready For Intervention!
Re: ESS AMT Monitor Tweeters
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2020, 10:46:05 PM »
If they are still fully functional and show no rust I'm certain there would be a market for them.   I'm not sure the whole thing couldn't be salvaged, but parting it out is certainly the most time effective route.

Sold listings...

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=heil+tweeter&_sacat=0&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

And welcome to the forum.   Go to the welcome wagon and tell us a bit about yourself.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 10:47:58 PM by Sir Thrift-a-Lot »

Offline hoobadooba

• FNG !!!
Re: ESS AMT Monitor Tweeters
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2020, 10:48:09 PM »
Thanks for the info. Looks like eBay would certainly be a possibility. Woofers look fine but I don't know if those are something that could also be sold. Any ideas on what would be a fair price if I do list the tweeters?